Guest Message
Hi there Guest,

It looks like you are enjoying reading our forum, so why don't you register an account with us to stop seeing this message and benefit from many more features. Registration is easy and will only take you a few minutes.

If you already have an account with us, then click here to log in.

Thank you,

The BoyActors Forum Team
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Judging Amy (Read 5,828 times)
RocketBoy
Bronze Member

RocketBoy

Judging Amy
26. Feb 2005 at 18:59
Print Post  
Does anyone watch the show "Judging Amy" ?

Anyway,  it's well worth the watch. It gives lots of insist into the "american" youth judicial and child welfare system.

JUDGING AMY is a drama starring Amy Brenneman as a single mother who has left New York behind to become a Family Court judge in Hartford, Connecticut. Judge Amy Gray is divorced and raising her young daughter, Lauren (Karle Warren.) They live with Amy's very opinionated mother Maxine (Tyne Daly), a social worker who is often at odds with her boss, Sean (Timothy Omundson.) Amy has re-established relationships with her younger brother Vincent (Dan Futterman,) her older brother Peter (Marcus Giamatti,) and his wife Gillian (Jessica Tuck). Assisting Amy in the courtroom are her Court Services officer, Bruce Van Exel (Richard T. Jones,) and her eager court clerk turned lawyer, Donna Kozlowski (Jillian Armenante). JUDGING AMY, based on the real-life story of Brenneman's mother, is about three generations of women living together as they confront the personal and professional dilemmas in their changing, challenging lives.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Judging Amy
Reply #1 - 28. Feb 2005 at 20:50
Print Post  
I only watch the episodes that feature boy actors. I'm not too keen on the American justice system or even the way American youth welfare works. It's better than many countries but far from being ideal and has little relevance outside the USA.

We have a profile for 'Judging Amy' and although it doesn't have a regular boy actor it has many 'guest' boy actors as can be seen by the list of links on the profile page. we've still got quite a few more names to add.

IP Logged

RocketBoy
Bronze Member

RocketBoy

Reply #2 - 09. Mar 2005 at 19:12
Print Post  
I've been recording all the old episodes for the beginning. I haven't seen any of the newer one's. I was huge a fan of Blake Bashoff, who was regular on the show. He moved to canada with his new bf, after getting out of jail. (i was happy about that at all)

IP Logged

MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 10. Mar 2005 at 10:04
Print Post  
You gave me quite a shock - Blake Bashoff went to jail??  Then I realized you must be talking about his character on Judging Amy!   Cheesy

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #4 - 10. Mar 2005 at 15:28
Print Post  
...of course nobody here would be interested in "Judging Amy"...

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #5 - 11. Mar 2005 at 09:26
Print Post  
that looks like Bobby Edner.

IP Logged

AH382
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 12. Mar 2005 at 00:42
Print Post  
I seen that show before.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #7 - 12. Mar 2005 at 03:56
Print Post  
Half watched a repeat episode tonight...

Ryan James made an appearance as a boy who wants to be a girl and his parents have been letting him go to school dressed as a girl. The parents were then taken to court by 'child welfare' and stupid Judge Amy rules that the boy should go back to school and 'pretend' to be a boy...  ie, dressed as a boy, etc.

My verdict on Judge Amy: 0/10 for ignorance and stupidity.
.. but 10/10 to the kid for having the courage to challenge social stereotyping:

IP Logged

AH382
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 12. Mar 2005 at 20:07
Print Post  
I remember Ryan Merriman was guest starred on that show from few years ago. Anyone remembers?

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

RocketBoy
Bronze Member

RocketBoy

Reply #9 - 14. Mar 2005 at 02:42
Print Post  
YAY!!!...other Judging Amy fans Grin

IP Logged

MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 22. Mar 2005 at 22:38
Print Post  
Tonight's episode of Judging Amy was supposed to be about a 15 year old Middle Eastern kid who got into fights about racism in school.  I clicked on the description of the show a couple of times just to make sure this was what they really were trying to do.  The actor who was supposed to be 15 looked at least 10 years older!  That's not a typical mistake for Judging Amy.  They've had a lot of good young actors on the show, but not tonight.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print