Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Suite Life? (Read 13,991 times)
RocketBoy
Bronze Member

RocketBoy

The Suite Life?
19. Mar 2005 at 15:22
Print Post  
So what's the verdict on "the Suite Life"?

I enjoyed both episodes and I think both Zach and Cody do a good job. I was curious to see who was the better actor, but I think they're pretty even. All twin actors/actress'  have the same personality differences, where one is more outgoing than the other. Zach wins the "Bigger Personality" contest, while Cody wears the "I'm the cute one" Belt Smiley lol

I think the cast will mesh well in time, but the show could use better scripts. Oh and what was the deal with the "Pageant skateboard scene"? They couldn't find a sk8r boy Zach's size to double???Tongue Anyhoo, I'll definitely be watching this show on a regular basis;)

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Re: The Suite Life?
Reply #1 - 19. Mar 2005 at 17:03
Print Post  
Quote:
I think both Zach and Cody do a good job.

Well, Cole and Dylan (the actors) did a good job.  It is probably best to say that, rather than Zack and Cody (the fictional characters).  Unless you meant something about Zack and Cody??

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

RocketBoy
Bronze Member

RocketBoy

Reply #2 - 19. Mar 2005 at 18:56
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, Cole and Dylan (the actors) did a good job.  It is probably best to say that, rather than Zack and Cody (the fictional characters).  Unless you meant something about Zack and Cody??

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I think you and everybody else that read this thread know what I meant Hosenhaus. I got names mixed up...big deal. Thanks for pointing it out. You are obviously far superior to me in your knowledge of the Sprouse twins:P

It would have been nice if you could have gave your opinion on "the show" and "Fictional characters" along with your corrections Tongue

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 19. Mar 2005 at 22:50
Print Post  
Rocketboy...  I think Hosenhaus did give his opinion. He said 'Cole and Dylan did a good job'.

The show hasn't aired in my corner of the world yet. I'm not expecting great things from it script wise, it is Disney TV after all, but I'm certainly keen to watch the series just for a chance to enjoy the twins.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #4 - 19. Mar 2005 at 22:51
Print Post  
Hosenhaus rarely offers detailed analysis, but I'll give mine.

The show has a bit of a Silver Spoons vibe for me, which is to say a good looking cast with silly scripts.
Some of the humor, characters and situations are similar as well.

I'm happy to see Cole and Dylan get the chance to be seen on a regular basis and think they are reason enough to tune in. In the episodes I've seen, I also liked Ashley Tisdale and Brian Stepanek, who will have a recurring role as the hotel maintenance man.

I'm optimistic about the show's staying power as well. New episodes are being filmed well into May. Indeed as it stands right now, The Suite Life is the only show filming in LA that a studio audience can attend in the month of May.

IP Logged

MarkL02
Bronze Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 20. Mar 2005 at 08:20
Print Post  
I could see The Suite Life in contention for the worst show I watch every week.  It's impossible to turn off the TV when the Sprouse twins are on, but the show is b-a-d.

Both Disney and Nickelodeon have shown they know how to produce well written sitcoms, with Even Stevens for Disney and The Brothers Garcia for Nick.  The Suite Life has wasted no time sliding into one-dimensional characters and slapstick recycled plots. 

But they have the Sprouses and I will watch every week as if I have had a lobotomy.   Cheesy

IP Logged

Keegan

BA Member

Reply #6 - 20. Mar 2005 at 09:04
Print Post  
too bad I cannot watch this one, can only hope for a dvd release even if it is highly improbable. I admit it is difficult to rate the show only by watching the caps!

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #7 - 22. Mar 2005 at 23:36
Print Post  
To quote Tanner in 'Bad News Bears', "How could I miss that!?" I will catch it this week if I have to put reminder notes in my shoes.

IP Logged

Keegan

BA Member

Reply #8 - 25. Mar 2005 at 13:03
Print Post  
I've been able to watch a few instants of one episode. The acting of the boys is simply brilliant, they're really natural at comedy. This is just so great.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #9 - 25. Mar 2005 at 16:15
Print Post  
SmileyYeah! I watched it. Smiley Aren't they breathtaking? In the 11 minutes or so of the boys scenes that I taped, there is some very cute action and quips. I had heard before that one of the twins was a bit chubby but was still a surprise. He seems to be the 'dominant' twin while the slender guy is a tad sweeter and subdued. They are both adorable.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #10 - 26. Mar 2005 at 06:42
Print Post  
Thankfully I won't have to wait long to catch this show...   I couldn't stand it if I had to wait a year or so .  The series starts airing on Disney Downunder mid April...  I think I can survive till then   Smiley

IP Logged

Keegan

BA Member

Reply #11 - 27. Mar 2005 at 18:30
Print Post  
I've been lucky enough to watch the first episode of the show and this confirms my first positive impression. The plotline kind of reminds me of this english tv series, Fawlty Towers, with John Cleese. The twins represent indeed a great danger for the integrity of the hotel and the manager seems quite incapable of preventing the disasters, just like Cleese was.

If one still needs to get convinced by the sheer talent and presence of these two boys, there is a single line during the second episode which should be sufficient: "I mean, this must be the most boring hotel in the history of boring hotels". I think it is Dylan who says that and the variation of the accents he puts on every single word are a comedy lesson by themselves.

IP Logged

Gazza
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 27. Mar 2005 at 18:32
Print Post  
"The series starts airing on Disney Downunder mid April... I think I can survive till then "

Yayyy !!

IP Logged

Pelle
Silver Member

Reply #13 - 01. Apr 2005 at 20:55
Print Post  
I just caught an episode tonight.  It was quite enjoyable, the boys are very good, very natural and relaxed and good with the jokes.  Smiley

Plus they are very good looking, espcially Cole.  8)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #14 - 01. Apr 2005 at 22:35
Print Post  
Pelle!!

Good to see you around   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Print