Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Demi tarif (Read 2,184 times)
damiende

BA Member

Demi tarif
19. Apr 2005 at 14:33
Print Post  
Have anynone seen this movie. Does anyone know where to buy this movie ?

Damien

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: Demi tarif
Reply #1 - 19. Apr 2005 at 15:40
Print Post  
From what I can tell, this is not on DVD. It hit the film festivals and a limited time in the theaters. It also looks like that it was shown on TV also.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

I have included some links to reviews and pictures.

(EDIT: fixed links -- JosephK)
« Last Edit: 03. May 2005 at 23:29 by josephk »  

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 19. Apr 2005 at 22:08
Print Post  
I saw this at a festival last fall. It's not quite a feature film. If I remember correctly, I think it was about 50 minutes long. Very interesting movie, but there probably isn't much of a market for it, in part because of the weird length, but mostly because it doesn't really have a conventional narrative. The camera follows the kids just going about their business. It was filmed with a very minimal crew, in the director's appartment. There's almost no plot and there certainly isn't any resolution or any kind of moral judgement. Very unusual, but worth checking out if you get a chance to see it.

IP Logged

Will
Bronze Member

Lurker at best

Reply #3 - 19. Apr 2005 at 22:25
Print Post  
Quote:
There's almost no plot and there certainly isn't any resolution or any kind of moral judgement. Very unusual, but worth checking out if you get a chance to see it.

What a breath of fresh air! You mean there's a movie out there that I don't have to think about? I just have to sit back and enjoy? 'Bout time! As much as I like the deeper movies with deep messages and such, sometimes it's just nice to not have to think for a change. Ya know?

Thanks for the info guys! I'll keep my eyes peeled for the movie sometime, somewhere...

--Will Smiley

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #4 - 03. May 2005 at 23:27
Print Post  
Quote:
You mean there's a movie out there that I don't have to think about?

Actually, that's not quite what I meant. In fact, this may be the type of movie that requires more thinking than the average blockbuster. Not that what is happening in it is extremely complicated. It's just that because it doesn't the conventions of storytelling that we are used to, it requires a bit of an effort from the viewer - a willingness to meet the film halfway, if I can put it this way.

Anyway, I think it's worth seeing, so do keep an eye open for it. I just didn't want to mislead anyone into thinking that this is an easy film, because I don't think it is.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print