Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic CRONICA DE UN NINO SOLO (Read 4,156 times)
Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

CRONICA DE UN NINO SOLO
28. Aug 2005 at 00:17
Print Post  
I seen two reviews about this movie in books I read and I find film on dvd and it come in mail.

I was worry this be vhs that some body make to dvd but it is not. The dvd is real dvd and it got menu and extras and it is very good picture.

Place ebay I find dvd is:

Ebay store =   MUSIC FROM ARGENTINA

This movie much like film from France = 400 BLOWS.

I wished to see this movie because it say it got banned in Argentina for 25 years after the director make film. I think is better movie than 400 BLOWS because seem more real to me.

I forgot to say it also got sub titles English and can turn sub titles on and can turn off if wish to.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Re: CRONICA DE UN NINO SOLO
Reply #1 - 28. Aug 2005 at 02:37
Print Post  

Gee, I translated that all by myself Smiley Nice one, Jasen. As you can see, I found it in our movie database and it does look interesting. Sounds like it would be similar to PIXOTE and SALAAM BOMBAY!, both of which I thought were fine.

IP Logged

Wildeboy
Gold Member

Teen Alexander

Reply #2 - 28. Aug 2005 at 06:20
Print Post  
Cronica de un Nino Solo is a classic film credited with being a major influence on Pixote.  It was banned in Argentina because the succession of military dictatorships that ran the country for several decades didn't like it's depiction of the treatment of juveniles in state run facilities.

The centerpiece of the movie is a skinny dipping scene unusual not only for it's length and explicitness, but also for it's darkness, ending in implied rape.

It was featured at the original DSOB and I hope to feature it again if a contributor provides caps from the DVD version.  The following are from the VHS tape.  The last is Diego Puente, the major character in the film, an escapee from a boy's "home."

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #3 - 28. Aug 2005 at 06:28
Print Post  
Thanks for the details - I've just bought one from the same eBay shop Smiley

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Reply #4 - 28. Aug 2005 at 10:07
Print Post  
Thank you Wildeboy for tell me why it got banned for many years.  I was thinking it because the boy hit the grown up with his fist and I thought maybe it got banned because they dont like to show rebellion. 

That is what one review say that I read and I did not think before about what you say but it make lots sense.  The government not wish nobody to see how bad kids got treated in orphanage. 

Maybe Im not smart enough for to know lots things but I didnt know any bad thing happen to boy at river except he got chase and I thought maybe he got beat up.  I was surprise what Diego Puente do when that happen because he is not scared in orphanage. 

I dont wish tell what happen in movie if some body not seen it. 

The dvd is for all zone so can play in america.  Dvd is silver on bottom like regular dvd.  Its not color pink or blue like copy dvd is.  And it got scene selection too.

DVD box say it is from = International DVD Group.

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Reply #5 - 04. Sep 2005 at 15:38
Print Post  
I dont know why this dvd come in mail to me two times.  I send email to person who sell it and he email me back and say keep dvd. 

If somebody dont got dvd and want it I will send it please tell me.

I am go to bus and go back Philadelphia and be with my mom I try write more when come home next week end.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #6 - 06. Sep 2005 at 10:59
Print Post  
Have a safe trip Jasen...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print