Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic tv shows on dvd (Read 1,807 times)
gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

tv shows on dvd
21. Nov 2005 at 18:49
Print Post  
this is somewhat off topic but do you think with so many tv shows like lost and house., coming straight to dvd after each seaon is over that it will kill the idea of syndicated reruns in the futre. i mean if you have a show on dvd why watch old reuns. sydicated reuns are usally cut from the origanal running time.

IP Logged

Mediajock1
Silver Member

BA Member

Re: tv shows on dvd
Reply #1 - 21. Nov 2005 at 19:37
Print Post  
Quote:
this is somewhat off topic but do you think with so many tv shows like lost and house., coming straight to dvd after each seaon is over that it will kill the idea of syndicated reruns in the futre. i mean if you have a show on dvd why watch old reuns. sydicated reuns are usally cut from the origanal running time.

Lost is already out.

As to whether it will kill syndication or not - that isn't that likely.  You will have the debate of whether you want to pay for quality or get bullscraps for free, so many will still be content to sit with a remote in their hand and channel surf.

Smiley
MJ

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 22. Nov 2005 at 23:03
Print Post  
Most people wouldn't be able to afford to buy all these TV shows anyway. I doubt if it will effect syndication all that much. What it may do however is keep some shows in production that would have previously been cancelled. If DVD's of TV shows had been available when series such as 'American Gothic' or 'Freaks and Geeks' were in production, those shows may have continued production.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #3 - 22. Nov 2005 at 23:36
Print Post  
No, I think it will have an effect on syndication for sure. It seems naive to think that it wouldn't. The entertainment industry is constantly changing and evolving and that's just one of the many factors that are influencing it today. (Another obvious factor is file-sharing.)

However, as far as predicting exactly what that effect will be... I have absolutely no idea.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print