Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic The Browning Version - Taplows old and new (Read 5,971 times)
Brianx
Ex Member

The Browning Version - Taplows old and new
19. May 2007 at 15:14
Print Post  
I see that Ben Silverstone, who played Taplow in the 1994 `The Browning Version` with Albert Finney is accounted for in your directory. HOWEVER, the boy actor who played Taplow in the 1951 film is NOT in your directory! How very remiss of you. In this the teacher is Michael Redgrave and the boy is played by Brian Smith. What, why and wherefore is this lad from the fifties not on role call? Another obscure boy actor lost in the archives no doubt with little or nothing known about him.
Ben Silverstone was the better of the two especially in that shower scene. They cast the right boy for Taplow; slim, intelligent looking and vulnerable.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Re: The Browning Version - Taplows old and new
Reply #1 - 19. May 2007 at 16:16
Print Post  
Don't forget:
The Browning Version (1955) and
The Browning Version (1985)

Plus the original play.  Have you read it?

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 20. May 2007 at 02:18
Print Post  
Quote:
I see that Ben Silverstone, who played Taplow in the 1994 `The Browning Version` with Albert Finney is accounted for in your directory. HOWEVER, the boy actor who played Taplow in the 1951 film is NOT in your directory! How very remiss of you. In this the teacher is Michael Redgrave and the boy is played by Brian Smith. What, why and wherefore is this lad from the fifties not on role call? Another obscure boy actor lost in the archives no doubt with little or nothing known about him.
Ben Silverstone was the better of the two especially in that shower scene. They cast the right boy for Taplow; slim, intelligent looking and vulnerable.      

Actors over 15 years old do not usually qualify for a profile. according to IMDb Brian Smith was about 18 when he played Taplow.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #3 - 24. May 2007 at 12:57
Print Post  
I was impressed with the 1951 version with Michael Redgrave and the boy played a good part, I thought. But I loved the 1994 version with Ben Silverstone and Albert Finney. I think Redgrave's acting edged out Finney's by a very slight margin. Ben Silverstone was simply enchanting.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print