Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ma vie en rose (Read 6,017 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Ma vie en rose
Reply #15 - 10. Jul 2008 at 18:43
Print Post  
Quote:
Transgenderism is about a lot more than what kind of clothes you wear. The fact that a lot of girls wear boys' clothes doesn't make them transgendered, nor does it make it any easier on those who really are transgendered. And anyone who identifies as a different gender than they were born with, whether it's female-to-male or male-to-female, has to deal with a lot more than wardrobe issues. As for statistics, I don't know what they are, but I would guess FTM transgendered people are about as common as MTF. So I see absolutely no reason to assume that"it's not as big an issue".

No kidding!

I was simply referring to the reaction that is directed toward a boy or girl wearing clothing intended for the opposite sex.

Example: 

... take a 12 year old boy and put him in a girl's dress, ask him to wear the dress to school, or even around the neighbourhood. You will get almost 100% negative reaction.

... take a 12 year old girl and dress her in a pair of boys' jeans and a boys' T-shirt. You will probably get very little negative reaction. Girl's often wear similar clothing to boys. That's all I was talking about.

I'm very well aware of the complexities of gender identification, transexuals, cross dressers, et al.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure how My Life as a Dog came into this discussion, however from what I recall about the movie, the young girl had short hair, didn't wear a dress and liked to box, so they thought she was a boy. If they knew she was a girl they wouldn't have let her box. An entirely different scenario. She was actually attracted to the boy, didn't she want to check him out?

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #16 - 24. Sep 2008 at 21:38
Print Post  
gee wrote on 07. Nov 2007 at 21:06:
this was a great movie about a transgender  child. but i was thinking  that the should be a movie about a the other way around a girl who belives she was supposed to be  a boy.

I think i got my wish sort of.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

not exactlly wait i was hoping for but sounds good.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #17 - 28. Sep 2008 at 16:06
Print Post  
Looks quite interesting.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #18 - 29. Sep 2008 at 03:29
Print Post  
I saw this at a festival earlier in the year.
It was decent (8/10). The kids were older.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print