Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Bill Milner in new film (Read 14,885 times)
dad
Silver Member

BA Member

Re: Bill Milner in new film
Reply #15 - 18. Oct 2009 at 05:03
Print Post  
thanks all-- I loved son of rambo--cant wait to see--is anybody there, and skellig--going to see  where the wild things are sunday, that looks really good.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #16 - 18. Oct 2009 at 05:58
Print Post  
It gets an 8/10 from me too. It's rather depressing at times and as I'm closer to Michael Caine's age than Bill Milner's, I'm beginning to empathise with the problems and lack of dignity that aged people endure. I'll probably watch this again and up my rating to a 9/10 at some stage in the future. Bill Milner is one of the best boy actors I've ever seen and he inhabits his characters so realistically one tends to forget he's acting. He's probably my favourite boy actor at the moment. As for Michael Caine, what a great career he's had, one of my favourite actors of all time.

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #17 - 21. Oct 2009 at 18:29
Print Post  
Well, I went and made some caps for "Is Anyone There" with my new computer, but wouldn't you know I had forgotten to change the image type to "jpg" and got a bunch of "png" instead.  ARG!  Oh well, I tried.

Besides, the photos already posted were beautiful enough for me.

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #18 - 21. Oct 2009 at 20:02
Print Post  
TheSwede wrote on 21. Oct 2009 at 18:29:
Well, I went and made some caps for "Is Anyone There" with my new computer, but wouldn't you know I had forgotten to change the image type to "jpg" and got a bunch of "png" instead.  ARG!  Oh well, I tried.

You can always just re-save the png files as jpg files - png is a lossless compression, and so re-saving them will make no difference to the quality than if you'd saved them as jpg files originally.

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #19 - 21. Oct 2009 at 23:29
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 21. Oct 2009 at 20:02:
You can always just re-save the png files as jpg files - png is a lossless compression, and so re-saving them will make no difference to the quality than if you'd saved them as jpg files originally.

Oh great, now I find out!  I deleted them already!  hmm... but NOW I know! (and now I've changed the default to .jpg too)

ps... that's a great (new?) avatar, quantum!

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #20 - 22. Oct 2009 at 10:30
Print Post  
Quote:
that's a great (new?) avatar, quantum!

He hasn't changed much! Well just a little. Actually, quite a lot. In fact he looks nothing like that! heh

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #21 - 22. Oct 2009 at 18:02
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 22. Oct 2009 at 10:30:
Quote:

He hasn't changed much! Well just a little. Actually, quite a lot. In fact he looks nothing like that! heh

It was taken a couple of weeks before my 10th birthday, so it's not all that surprising that I've changed a bit Smiley

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #22 - 23. Oct 2009 at 02:39
Print Post  
"It was taken a couple of weeks before my 10th birthday, so it's not all that surprising that I've changed a bit"

I wondered if it was a personal photo. It's a sweet pic.

You are tempting me...  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 23. Oct 2009 at 03:41
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 22. Oct 2009 at 18:02:
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 22. Oct 2009 at 10:30:
Quote:

It was taken a couple of weeks before my 10th birthday, so it's not all that surprising that I've changed a bit Smiley

Awwwwwww.  Smiley Cute.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #24 - 02. May 2010 at 21:29
Print Post  
Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #25 - 03. May 2010 at 17:49
Print Post  
Bill Milner is such an amazing young actor. I can't wait to see this one. I also like his long hair, it really suits him.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #26 - 04. May 2010 at 02:51
Print Post  
That may be the ugliest haircut I've ever seen in my life. It almost makes Bill look ugly, but thankfully he's too handsome for that to happen, even with that hair. I saw from the trailer that he seems to go through several different haircuts in the movie, though, so there's hope.

Such a good actor, too. I got to get my hands on some of those movies. Loved him in Son of Rambow.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 04. May 2010 at 04:05
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 04. May 2010 at 02:51:
That may be the ugliest haircut I've ever seen in my life. It almost makes Bill look ugly, but thankfully he's too handsome for that to happen, even with that hair. I saw from the trailer that he seems to go through several different haircuts in the movie, though, so there's hope.

Such a good actor, too. I got to get my hands on some of those movies. Loved him in Son of Rambow.

That haircut in America is called a "mullet". It went out of style here in the late 1980s. If you think that haircut is bad, you should check out the kids at this site:

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #28 - 05. May 2010 at 18:58
Print Post  
Mullets were very popular during the 80s. They looked great on boys, but I don't think they suited grown up men all that well. The only hairstyle I can think of that I'd call ugly is what was called a 'crew cut' here in the 60s, sometimes referred to a a 'buzz cut' or 'military cut'. They make boys look like total bogans or boof heads.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #29 - 06. May 2010 at 00:23
Print Post  
LOL @ "considered child abuse in 48 states."

It's so weird how two people can look at the same picture and to one it looks great but to the other it looks terrible.

The funniest thing is during a brief period (late eighties) when I was a kid I had a mullet! I guess I didn't know any better back then, but now I just want to die of embarrassment when I see pictures of me from that period.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Print