Guest Message
Hi there Guest,

It looks like you are enjoying reading our forum, so why don't you register an account with us to stop seeing this message and benefit from many more features. Registration is easy and will only take you a few minutes.

If you already have an account with us, then click here to log in.

Thank you,

The BoyActors Forum Team
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) more of my video clips (Read 11,449 times)
YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

more of my video clips
12. Jan 2009 at 20:49
Print Post  
I will post here periodically any additional video clips I post at Youtube which might be of interest to members and visitors.

This one has Michael-James Wixted acting alongside young Anthony Hopkins and Leslie Caron in the 1974 miniseries QB VII - a film I was sure was lost until very recently when it was released to video. In addition to Michael, it is of interest to see the young Hopkins' seminal acting style which became much more subtle over the years.

QB VII 
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Here is Buddy Swan as the young Kane, solitary against a fall of snow. Haunting.
Citizen Kane 

And Bobby Clark as the frightened little boy in the 1956 Invasion of The Body Snatchers, a very convincing performance. I guess what really hooked my motivation in making this clip is that cute ad-lib of his after McCarthy's remark about almost running him down. (I think its an ad-lib  Smiley )
Body Snatchers

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: more of my video clips
Reply #1 - 13. Jan 2009 at 02:30
Print Post  
Your vid clips are totally awsome. Thanks for sharing them. I remember the movie Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. It was such a cool movie and this version was so much better than the remake. Heck, I don't even remember much about the remake. Falling asleep and becoming a pod person. Yeah, that was a cool movie. Thanks again for the awsome vids.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #2 - 13. Jan 2009 at 05:25
Print Post  
Thanks YA. I'm glad you decided to keep posting updates here after all.

I see what you mean about Anthony Hopkins' acting, hehe. I'd never even heard of that mini-series until now. What does "QB VII" mean?

It's been about 10 years since I've seen Citizen Kane. That's a great scene (from a great movie).

As for Invasion of the Body Snatchers, I thought I hadn't seen the original, but that scene looks so familiar, I'm starting to think maybe I did see it. I'm pretty sure that scene is not in the 90s remake, which is more of a "reimagining" I think. And I definitely haven't seen the 1970s version with Leonard Nimoy...

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 13. Jan 2009 at 06:38
Print Post  
You are quite a good video clip maker. I especially like your choices of movies and scenes. Michael-James Wixted is one of my all time favorites. I can't resist him. Keep up the good work.

What software are you using?

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 13. Jan 2009 at 11:16
Print Post  
Jk,
QB VII...  means "Queen's Bench 7", it's a British law court reference.

YA, thank you sooooooo much for the QB VII clip. Now I know why he was my favourite boy actor of the year. I haven't seen that series since the mid 70s.  I'd forgotten Hopkin's was in it... I remember Anthony Quale as being the main actor.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #5 - 13. Jan 2009 at 11:51
Print Post  
Convincing scene by Bobby Clark,  who according to IMDb was 19 years old or thereabouts when he made that film.

I prefer 1945, as his birth year, rather than 1937.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #6 - 13. Jan 2009 at 17:06
Print Post  
Thank you all very much. How I love attention appreciation!  Smiley

K, the program is AoA DVD Ripper. I chose it almost at random from a google search and I am using it on a trial basis, which means I can't do clips over 10 minutes. I think the full version costs about $35. Very user friendly.

I thought the 90's remake of Body Snatchers was just silly as well as unnecessary. The first pod victims were US military and the whole point of appearing cold and regimented as a pod person was lost. I was very taken with Gabrielle Anwar though. I enjoyed the remake of the 70's as much as the original, each great in its own way.

Cal - LOL. I guess we have to get used to imdb making adults of children and vice versa.
« Last Edit: 13. Jan 2009 at 19:31 by YoungArthur »  

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #7 - 28. Jan 2009 at 21:27
Print Post  
Here are a couple more from some oldies - showing my preoccupation with warm, tear-jerking scenes.  Wink (come on, its healthy to cry over movies. It prolongs life and cleans out the insides.)

This scene between Brad Renfro and Joseph Mazzello requires no comment:

The Cure

Taplow (Ben Silverstone) surprises his fearsome Classics teacher (Albert Finney) with his touching gift:

Browning Version (1994)

Thanks to my sole anonymous subscriber, whoever he may be.  Smiley

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #8 - 29. Jan 2009 at 00:37
Print Post  
I loved the movie The Cure. Actually, I love any movie with Joseph Mazzello in it. He's so cute and talented. This was a great clip from the movie. I never saw the other movie but the clip was great. Thanks for sharing these YoungArthur. It's always great to see Joseph Mazzello and Brad Renfro too. Your vids are cool.   Cool

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #9 - 29. Jan 2009 at 00:55
Print Post  
Ditto for me... The Cure was a great movie, as were several others starring these two actors.  This movie was incredibly powerful, and especially the scene you selected (along with one of the final scenes, involving the same shoe, which I won't explain as it would be a spoiler)!

I don't know the Browning Version, either... so I have added it to my list of movies to watch (which is getting too long even for me to believe)!

Thanks for your posts, your clips and for introducing me to movies I would surely have overlooked for far too long!

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #10 - 29. Jan 2009 at 03:26
Print Post  
Those two most recent scenes posted are some of the more poignant of the mid 1990's. They remind me why I love both of those films.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #11 - 23. Feb 2009 at 22:38
Print Post  
These are from "The Pigeon That Took Rome" (1962) with Charlton Heston and others.

Apparently this one cannot be found anywhere but on TCM! Not a great movie, nor of course primarily a boy movie, but is still very funny in spots.

This adorable little scene-stealer, Marietto Angeletti, is a couple years older than when he appeared in “It Started in Naples” which I haven’t seen, but will see soon. I can kick myself bloody for not starting to record this movie in time to catch Marietto’s first scene where I think he is even more funny and charming.

Well, this first clip focuses more on his papa played by opera singer Salvatore Baccaloni who was a superb character actor in just a few films. I apologize for the poor quality, partly my fault, partly YouTube’s.

Pigeon – Baccaloni and Marietto

Pigeon - Marietto mostly

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #12 - 24. Feb 2009 at 00:26
Print Post  
You're right YoungArthur. That kid is an adorable little scene stealer. Nice vids. I don't have a youtube account and I don't plan on starting one since I don't think I could even make a vid since I'm not even tech smart enough to make caps but I gotta say, if I did have an account there I would subscribe to you for sure. And you would be getting alot of 5 star ratings from me. Well, at least you're getting a nice comment and a thanks. Hope that's enough. Great job again. Another totally awsome pair of vids.   Cool  

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #13 - 24. Feb 2009 at 00:28
Print Post  
very nice clips of a beautiful boy!  Thanks again YA! (or, as Marietto might say: Grazie Molto !)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #14 - 25. Feb 2009 at 14:17
Print Post  
Thanks YA, lovely clips. You've now got 2 subscribers  heh.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print