Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Saved By The Bell and Charles In Charge vids (Read 5,035 times)
starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Saved By The Bell and Charles In Charge vids
15. Nov 2009 at 20:36
Print Post  
Do you guys remember the shows Saved By The Bell and Charles In Charge? You know that both shows had different casts in the first season than they did in the seasons that followed. For Saved By The Bell the show was originally called Good Morning Miss Bliss and starred Haley Mills. Zack, Screech and Lisa were on it but there were 2 other kids as well. Mikey played by Max Battimo and Nikki played by some girl. Anyway, I was searching youtube and found the original theme song for Good Morning Miss Bliss. Have any of you ever seen this? I also desided to add the original theme song for Charles In Charge.
  Charles In Charge Season 1 featured the Pembroke Family. I'm sure you remember the Powell family. But the first season had a different family. Jonathan Ward played Douglas Pembroke and Michael Pearlman played Jason Pembroke. Do you guys remember this? I loved season one of Charles In Charge because I really loved Michael Pearlman as Jason Pembroke. I hated the show after he left and they changed the cast. So here's what I want to know. Do you guys remember these first seasons of these 2 shows? Have you ever seen the opening credits from these before? Which did you like better? The originals of the replacements? Some of you may have seen the Charles In Charge one but the Good Morning Miss Bliss one is pretty rare and until now I've never seen it. So tell me your thoughts. I hope this starts a good discussion.  Sorry about the poor quality on the vids.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)                           

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Re: Saved By The Bell and Charles In Charge vids
Reply #1 - 15. Nov 2009 at 21:23
Print Post  
"Charles in Charge", all seasons, including Season 1, is available on DVD.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #2 - 15. Nov 2009 at 21:25
Print Post  
"Good Morning Miss Bliss" is on DVD, but I haven't seen it.  I put it on my Netflix queue, though.

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 15. Nov 2009 at 22:47
Print Post  
Yes. Thanks hosenhaus. I actually have season 1 of Charles In Charge on DVD. I refuse to get the other seasons though. It wasn't the same without Michael Pearlman. Thanks for the great pics too. I loved Michael. He was so cute and so funny on Charles In Charge. As for Good Morning Miss Bliss, I figured that some of you might have heard of this but the show was shown with the Saved By The Bell name and theme. I'm not sure if this is the case on the DVD but when I came acrossed the original theme I thought that it would make for an interesting discussion. Thanks again for the cool pics and for the reply.   Cool

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #4 - 16. Nov 2009 at 07:45
Print Post  
WOW!  now that I've seen the photos and clips I definitely remember the first season of Charles in Charge!  I don't remember it well, unfortunately!

As for Saved By the Bell... never a big fan of that, for some reason.

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 16. Nov 2009 at 09:55
Print Post  
TheSwede wrote on 16. Nov 2009 at 07:45:
WOW!  now that I've seen the photos and clips I definitely remember the first season of Charles in Charge!  I don't remember it well, unfortunately!

As for Saved By the Bell... never a big fan of that, for some reason.

Yeah. I was never a fan of Saved By The Bell Either. But when I looked up the first season of Charles in Charge on youtube I ran into the original opening credits of Saved By The Bell in the related videos section and since I never saw it before I thought it would be interesting to see if it was new to anyone else too. Thanks for the reply. And like hosenhaus said and like I said, Charles In Charge season 1 is on DVD in case you would like to refresh your memory. Little Michael Pearlman was so amazing on that show. Thanks again for the reply Swede.   Smiley 

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #6 - 16. Nov 2009 at 10:19
Print Post  
Michael Pearlman was certainly super cute in the first season of Charles in Charge, actually he was the only reason I'd watch the show. I'd even watch repeats but FF to his scenes. I'd give a 9/10 to Michael Pearlman and a 2/10 for the show itself.

I never liked Saved by the Bell, I did try to watch it several times but I didn't find a single character that appealed to me, and the humor and acting was probably even worse than Disney's Suite Life series. I'd rate the show a 0/10 because I never managed to sit through even half an episode.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #7 - 17. Nov 2009 at 10:20
Print Post  
Unlike starchild, I liked Alexander Polinsky.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #8 - 17. Nov 2009 at 19:26
Print Post  
I've never watched either of those shows. Like Cal, I've always disliked Saved by the Bell. I think I was about the age that the show was supposed to appeal to when it was on the air, and yet I always found it annoying.

Charles in Charge doesn't even ring a bell for me.

I was never really a fan of sitcoms, I guess. I like the pics of Michael Pearlman, though.

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #9 - 17. Nov 2009 at 21:55
Print Post  
hosenhaus wrote on 17. Nov 2009 at 10:20:
Unlike starchild, I liked Alexander Polinsky.

Well, I had no problem with Alexander. But he just wasn't as good as Michael to me. And the show wasn't as good after the Pembroke family left. It just wasn't as funny. Alexander was o.k. but I loved Michael and I really missed him when he left the show.  I always wished that they could have found some way to keep Michael in the show. Even as a guest star. But sadly that didn't happen.   Cry 

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #10 - 20. Nov 2009 at 21:26
Print Post  
I have to say I thought 'Saved By The Bell' was a great series. I have the DVDs of the first five series.
Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Zack Morris was, of course, great looking especially in the early episodes. I thought the characters complimented each other very well. Dustin Diamond was really good as the fall-guy Screech Powers. Okay so some episodes were a bit cheesey and typical American schmaltz but on the whole it kept up a very good standard I thought.
Also from that period I liked 'Doogie Howser MD' starring Neil Patrick Harris as the doctor genius and his sidekick and best friend, Vinnie, played by Max Casella who was actually about five years older than Harris.

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #11 - 20. Nov 2009 at 22:22
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 20. Nov 2009 at 21:26:
I have to say I thought 'Saved By The Bell' was a great series. I have the DVDs of the first five series.
Mark-Paul Gosselaar as Zack Morris was, of course, great looking especially in the early episodes. I thought the characters complimented each other very well. Dustin Diamond was really good as the fall-guy Screech Powers. Okay so some episodes were a bit cheesey and typical American schmaltz but on the whole it kept up a very good standard I thought.
Also from that period I liked 'Doogie Howser MD' starring Neil Patrick Harris as the doctor genius and his sidekick and best friend, Vinnie, played by Max Casella who was actually about five years older than Harris.

Thanks for the reply. And you're right. The characters in Saved By The Bell did compliment each other quite well. They all had a great chemistry with each other. I never really watched Doogie very much. It was a good show but I didn't get into it as much as I did Charles in Charge. And another favorite of mine was Who's The Boss. Luckily Danny Pintauro was not replaced in that show the way Michael Pearlman was in Charles In Charge. Thanks again for the reply.   Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print