Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Les Poppys (Read 3,725 times)
TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Les Poppys
27. Oct 2009 at 18:22
Print Post  
Well,  I was just surfing through YouTube looking for some more good boychoir music and came across this group from the 70s... some of you will probably know them, but I'd never heard of them.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Les Poppys
Reply #1 - 30. Oct 2009 at 10:46
Print Post  
I have some of their stuff in MP3 format. The french language seems to suit music better than most.

Here's Charles:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Les Poppys
Reply #2 - 16. Jan 2011 at 22:38
Print Post  
I am a great fan of Les Poppys and went to see their Gala performance in 2001. I only have two or three of their songs on DVD most of mine being on CDs: the Galas of 1999, 2000 and 2003 and Les Annees Barclay and the Master Series.
I recognised Charles straightaway as he is one of their best singers. What I like about Les Poppys is their bright and breezy singing even though a lot of the boys wouldn't even get into a proper choir. Jean Amoureux has been their director and mentor for over 30 years.
I know there was a DVD compilation of their 70s songs which I think were taken off Youtube. I just wish I could get a copy of that one! I can't download straight from Youtube so anyone any idea where I could obtain a copy?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print