Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ostorozhno, Deti! (Read 12,881 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Ostorozhno, Deti!
09. Dec 2009 at 11:37
Print Post  
Russia 2009

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

The trailer has (it seems) been yanked from YouTube.  Are Russian family comedies too racy for them?

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Re: Ostorozhno, Deti!
Reply #1 - 09. Dec 2009 at 17:55
Print Post  
The film includes a short scene in a sauna, so if the trailer included shots from that scene they it may have included some nudity... (insert your own scathing comment about the US' attitude to nudity...)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #2 - 10. Dec 2009 at 05:00
Print Post  
It's a fun movie.

I can do some caps, if wanted, the two boys are very appealing in every way imaginable.

IP Logged

OrionPax
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 10. Dec 2009 at 12:59
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 09. Dec 2009 at 17:55:
(insert your own scathing comment about the US' attitude to nudity...)

OK. The US attitude to nudity can only be described as MORONIC. One only has to visit various IMDB message boards to find this out. It's quite easy to figure out which ones are American posters. There's a thread on 'Scent of a Woman' that truly takes the cake, really there's not enough rolleyes and facepalms to describe it.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #4 - 10. Dec 2009 at 14:17
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 10. Dec 2009 at 05:00:
I can do some caps, if wanted

Why would we want that?

I mean, yes, please.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #5 - 10. Dec 2009 at 16:17
Print Post  
It is linked at blizzard

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #6 - 10. Dec 2009 at 19:07
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 10. Dec 2009 at 05:00:
It's a fun movie.

I can do some caps, if wanted, the two boys are very appealing in every way imaginable.

Oh, I don't care one way or the other.  Roll Eyes
DO IT PLEASE!

[off topic aside: I just had one half my cataract surgery done, part 2 next week. The effect is indescribably amazing! Now the monitor screen looks too bright and I can't find the thingy to reduce it  Cool ]

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11. Dec 2009 at 04:52
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 09. Dec 2009 at 17:55:
The film includes a short scene in a sauna, so if the trailer included shots from that scene they it may have included some nudity... (insert your own scathing comment about the US' attitude to nudity...)

I think I commented on some thread here before that the American attitude to nudity is beyond ridiculous to the point of being perverse. American society was founded by Puritans and their authoritarian intolerance and sexually repressive doctrine still has a strong influence among many Americans, especially conservatives who are now in the majority. We have become a fear mongering, prudish society with a thirst for retribution toward anyone who doesn't fit the image of the perceived notion of what is "normal". 

But other than that Mrs. Kennedy...how did you like the parade?

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #8 - 11. Dec 2009 at 17:38
Print Post  
I think your summary is right on, K. The only part I wonder about is this: ". .especially conservatives who are now in the majority."
I think that generally fearful and repressive attitude toward child nudity is pretty much politically neutral. We are squeezed no matter which side we turn to. Hollywood and most of the media in the US are ruled by those of a liberal bent. Hollywood especially loves bashing conservative notions in other areas - why would they not want to thumb their noses at the 'horror' of child nudity as well?

I find it interesting that the young people of the 70's, that golden age of bare torsos and bare feet and legs, not to mention 'streaking' for a brief time, are now the parents (grandparents?) of our uptight, baggy-clothed boys who shower alone or wearing shorts, or both.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12. Dec 2009 at 03:30
Print Post  
YoungArthur wrote on 11. Dec 2009 at 17:38:
I think your summary is right on, K. The only part I wonder about is this: ". .especially conservatives who are now in the majority."
I think that generally fearful and repressive attitude toward child nudity is pretty much politically neutral. We are squeezed no matter which side we turn to. Hollywood and most of the media in the US are ruled by those of a liberal bent. Hollywood especially loves bashing conservative notions in other areas - why would they not want to thumb their noses at the 'horror' of child nudity as well?

I find it interesting that the young people of the 70's, that golden age of bare torsos and bare feet and legs, not to mention 'streaking' for a brief time, are now the parents (grandparents?) of our uptight, baggy-clothed boys who shower alone or wearing shorts, or both.

I didn't think of it that way and now I realize that you are right Young Arthur. It isn't just the conservatives who are behind the repressive attitudes in this country, it's people of all types. The attitude is all pervasive. So I'm glad you pointed that out.

So, is it true that in most (all?) middle and high school gym classes now the boys take showers wearing shorts? I had seen examples of that in a few movies but I didn't know if it is widespread. That is so absurdly prudish. Society is going backwards in time to the Victorian age, or even beyond. It belies an underlying unhealthy attitude based on fear, in my opinion. Maybe in a century or two or three the pendulum will swing back the other way.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #10 - 12. Dec 2009 at 17:26
Print Post  
So, is it true that in most (all?) middle and high school gym classes now the boys take showers wearing shorts?

That's what I hear from reliable sources. I don't know from my own experiences. Unfortunately.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #11 - 14. Dec 2009 at 15:08
Print Post  
Cute boy. Thanks for the caps.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print