Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Dwij Yadav: Nanhe Jaisalmer. (Read 2,745 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Dwij Yadav: Nanhe Jaisalmer.
19. Jan 2010 at 20:27
Print Post  
Okay, okay I know 'Nanhe Jaisalmer' is listed under movies (nothing gets past BA) but I've only just watched this Indian film on a DVD I borrowed from the local library.
A sunny, happy film of a boy's adoration for his film star hero, Bobby Deol. The photography is beautiful and the acting of young Dwij Yadav remarkable. I see Dwij is not listed under actors just a Nikhil Yadav whom I guess must be his older brother.
The film has a certain quaintness about it but the boy, Nanhe, is wonderful. You could say he is a little too sweet for a boy but Dwij's acting charms cannot be denied. The DVD has some interesting extras but these are not subtitled. You have to gain what info you can from the weird way Indians hop between English and their own language all the time.
What was also of interest was the relationship between Nanhe and the man, Bobby. Here was man/boy friendship shown in all its compassion, beauty and affection. Something that you wouldn't be able to do in a UK film without raising eyebrows. I really enjoyed the simple, nicely told story of a boy and his camel and his hero-worship of a film star. Now I have to find where I can buy my own DVD of this film.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Dwij Yadav: Nanhe Jaisalmer.
Reply #1 - 21. Jan 2010 at 16:21
Print Post  
I'll have to keep an eye out for this one. I suspect I might enjoy it. I should check out my own local library, perhaps they have DVDs for loan. I've never tried the library for that sort of thing.

Oh and perhaps the reason that Dwij Yadav has no profile on BA is because a suitable image wasn't found.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #2 - 21. Jan 2010 at 22:02
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

available from Netflix

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #3 - 22. Jan 2010 at 03:08
Print Post  
Now we have to get you rating the movies you've seen in the database, Cinefan.

So far I'm the only one who has rated this and like you, I enjoyed it. It's over the top in places which seems to be common in films from that part of the world.

By the way, the partnership between Bobby Deol and Dwij continued on after this film. Dwij's IMDB filmography shows he appears with Bobby Deol in 3 of his 4 films.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #4 - 28. Feb 2010 at 17:54
Print Post  
The most recent pairing of Dwij and Bobby Deol has just earned a profile here. Hope someone gets to see (and comment on) it soon.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print