Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 'Smugglers!': Matthew Johnson (Read 19,133 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: 'Smugglers!': Matthew Johnson
Reply #15 - 19. Feb 2010 at 19:49
Print Post  
Among the 'much sought after' movies 'cal' mentions I did have the video of 'I Want To Be Famous' since lost. This was a short 70s film where the two boys play strip poker in one scene!
Well, 'josephk', there may have been 'indecent' boy movies at one time but since the hysterical panics of the 80s/90s I reckon it's too dangerous to produce or even own films like that now.
I agree that there are some good B boy movies like 'Magic Kid' which I picked up on a market stall for a pound. It starred an attractive Ted Jan Roberts who played the part of a sort of junior Ralph Macchio karate kid who punishes the baddies and gets his bumbling Uncle Bob (excellently played by Stephen Furst) out of trouble with the local Mafia. But then there are other B boy movies that deserve their B status like two I have starring Daniel Cerny in 'Demonic Toys' and 'Children of the Corn III'.
I've seen 'Storm Boy' on the shelves at HMV but it's always expensive. I don't know about 'Last Days Of Summer' but I do have 'The Long Days Of Summer' starring Ronnie Scribner who takes part in one of the best choreographed boy boxing matches I've seen on film.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 20. Feb 2010 at 02:10
Print Post  

Do you know if 'The Long Days Of Summer' starring Ronnie Scribner can be bought online? It's a rare movie.

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #17 - 20. Feb 2010 at 07:50
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 19. Feb 2010 at 14:12:
Phenom wrote on 19. Feb 2010 at 06:41:
We should all be greatful that people are making good or even decent Boy Actor movies

I think in this case you mean "indecent."  Smiley

I stand corrected. Haha.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #18 - 20. Feb 2010 at 07:58
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 19. Feb 2010 at 19:49:
Among the 'much sought after' movies 'cal' mentions I did have the video of 'I Want To Be Famous' since lost. This was a short 70s film where the two boys play strip poker in one scene!
Well, 'josephk', there may have been 'indecent' boy movies at one time but since the hysterical panics of the 80s/90s I reckon it's too dangerous to produce or even own films like that now.
I agree that there are some good B boy movies like 'Magic Kid' which I picked up on a market stall for a pound. It starred an attractive Ted Jan Roberts who played the part of a sort of junior Ralph Macchio karate kid who punishes the baddies and gets his bumbling Uncle Bob (excellently played by Stephen Furst) out of trouble with the local Mafia. But then there are other B boy movies that deserve their B status like two I have starring Daniel Cerny in 'Demonic Toys' and 'Children of the Corn III'.
I've seen 'Storm Boy' on the shelves at HMV but it's always expensive. I don't know about 'Last Days Of Summer' but I do have 'The Long Days Of Summer' starring Ronnie Scribner who takes part in one of the best choreographed boy boxing matches I've seen on film.

Yeah, since the McMartin Pre-School molestation case everyone got paranoid all of a sudden and their have been witch hunts everywhere.

The "Last Days Of Summer" is a pretty decent movie. Especially for a brand new out of film school Director. The boys are cuties Devon Gearhart and Colin Ford. Storm Boy is a pretty good flick but I can't see it being one that should demand a lot of money. However, "Last Days Of Summer" is readily available in most video stores and online services and Storm Boy can be downloaded for free at: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) along with many other great boy movies. Very good quality downloads too.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 20. Feb 2010 at 19:10
Print Post  

Cal, were you wanting to find "I Want to be Famous"? If so, you can download it here:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

It's via Rapidshare and it's VOB (DVD) files so it can be burned directly to a DVD after downloading or converted to AVI.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #20 - 20. Feb 2010 at 20:27
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you know if 'The Long Days Of Summer' starring Ronnie Scribner can be bought online? It's a rare movie.

K - It is packaged on a single DVD disc along with 'When Every Day was the 4th of July'. I rented it from Netflix and the DVD is available for sale at Amazon:

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #21 - 30. Jul 2013 at 07:18
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 19. Feb 2010 at 19:49:

Just saw I Want to Be Famous (1976) starring Stephen Bratt and Stuart Elliot.

Interesting scene of Steve in his bed listening to his parents argue.

I liked it. 7 out of 10

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 30. Jul 2013 at 12:39
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 19. Feb 2010 at 14:12:
I think in this case you mean "indecent."   

A boy movie is a boy movie, I don't think the idea of decent or indecent has much baring here! only really good or really bad! Grin

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #23 - 30. Jul 2013 at 20:46
Print Post  
Seeing as 'Boymoviebuff' has bumped this post may I thank 'bowser', albeit three and a half years later, for supplying those great pics of Stephen Bratt.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #24 - 30. Jul 2013 at 21:38
Print Post  
Whoops, looks like 'bowser' did reply TODAY and not over three years ago. It was also he who bumped the post. Sorry. I would've edited my post but the common problem of the missing 'Modify' button has cropped up again.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 31. Jul 2013 at 00:16
Print Post  
I like shaking thing up once in a while! Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print