Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Gerald Michenaud in "Dragnet 1966" (Read 16,781 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Re: Gerald Michenaud in "Dragnet 1966"
Reply #15 - 17. Jul 2010 at 22:49
Print Post  
Just watched the Dragnet movie last night....(for good measure I even re-watched the two episodes that were included with it. Good stuff for Dragnet fans; not recommended for any other reason. Master Michenaud's appearance is covered in full by K and it his only scene in the film.  Sad

Thanks again for the tip on how to locate the film, K.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #16 - 19. Jul 2010 at 19:23
Print Post  
I found the episode (movie, whatever) and was disappointed. Not being a Dragnet fan I found it to be a waste of time. I wish I'd known Gerald wasn't in any other scenes.  Sad

Fortunately I was delighted by an episode of The Virginian, which proved to be more than ample compensation. I can't remember seeing the episode when it ran on free to air a million years ago. Gerald had a substantial role in the episode as a Shawnee of mixed blood. I almost didn't recognise him at first as I was expecting a different boy actor, Billy Corcoran, so my reaction was, that's NOT Billy, but he sure looks familiar. They didn't show Gerald's face very clearly in his first scene. Thankfully I've recorded the episode. I'm happy.  Smiley

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 20. Jul 2010 at 06:04
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 19. Jul 2010 at 19:23:
I found the episode (movie, whatever) and was disappointed. Not being a Dragnet fan I found it to be a waste of time. I wish I'd known Gerald wasn't in any other scenes.  Sad

Fortunately I was delighted by an episode of The Virginian, which proved to be more than ample compensation. I can't remember seeing the episode when it ran on free to air a million years ago. Gerald had a substantial role in the episode as a Shawnee of mixed blood. I almost didn't recognise him at first as I was expecting a different boy actor, Billy Corcoran, so my reaction was, that's NOT Billy, but he sure looks familiar. They didn't show Gerald's face very clearly in his first scene. Thankfully I've recorded the episode. I'm happy.  Smiley

Wow. Since I am THE number 1 Gerald Michenaud fan here you must tell me of a way I can get a copy of that episode of The Virginian. I feel sure I have never seen it before. Maybe we can work something out?  Wink

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 20. Jul 2010 at 08:35
Print Post  
For all of us Gerald Michenaud completionists: Gerald in his last role as a boy, with Gene Wilder, in 'Thursday's Game' (1974).

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #19 - 23. Jul 2010 at 03:48
Print Post  
Quote:

Wow. Since I am THE number 1 Gerald Michenaud fan here you must tell me of a way I can get a copy of that episode of The Virginian. I feel sure I have never seen it before. Maybe we can work something out?  Wink

Ok, give me a couple of days and I'll convert it to an .avi and upload it to RS. I'll send the links to the BS site.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 23. Jul 2010 at 05:23
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 23. Jul 2010 at 03:48:
Quote:

Ok, give me a couple of days and I'll convert it to an .avi and upload it to RS. I'll send the links to the BS site.

Oh thank you so much Cal. I appreciate that.
Are you aware of the major changes Rapid Share has made to their service lately? You will need to download their new RSM2 upload manager. Unless you want to upload the video manually onto your account. RS has disabled their old Rapid Uploader everyone used to use. Everyone is upset about that. But this new Rapid Share Manager 2 works for uploading. It won't work for downloading though (even though it says it does). For downloading you still need to use JDownloader or the old Free Rapid Downloader (which is what I use.)
Let me know when you've submitted it to the BS site. Thanks again! If there's any particular movie/show you've been looking for just let me know. 

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #21 - 25. Jul 2010 at 20:23
Print Post  
K,

Here is the episode:

It's 1.3gb in xvid format. I've placed the full episode into a single winrar archive then I split the archive into 100mb pieces. To reassemble, firstly rejoin the split archive then simply extract the file. Hopefully it won't be a problem. I think I organized it a little differently than the usual method that people seem to employ.

As for the video I had some trouble ripping and converting it. I think it's something to do with my DVD recorder and the way it records to a disc. I also had to fiddle with the aspect ratio and resolution quality. I finally got an acceptable rip but I'm frustrated that it was not the quality I desired.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the download and rejoining, etc.

Here are the links:

##Note problem with the original links in case anyone grabbed them. I've replaced them with the above links.

It can be submitted to BS if all goes well.
« Last Edit: 26. Jul 2010 at 09:03 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #22 - 26. Jul 2010 at 09:31
Print Post  
Some fairly raw uncropped caps from the episode of The Virginian that featured Gerald Michenaud:

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 26. Jul 2010 at 10:47
Print Post  
Thanks very much Cal. I'm downloading them now. I'll post tomorrow night to let you know how it turned out.
Very nice caps too! Thanks. *If the video is in good shape I'll upload it to the Boy Scouts. This is rare and will be a welcome addition.

*Unless you are going to upload it to BS. I wasn't clear on if you are or wanted me to. If you are go right ahead.

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #24 - 28. Jul 2010 at 00:15
Print Post  
Gorgeous pics of Gerald from The Virginian episode! Just incredible. I wonder if that beautiful jet-black hair is his original issue?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print