Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic JACK AND LILY (Read 2,975 times)
mydogtam
Gold Member

BA Member

JACK AND LILY
10. Sep 2012 at 15:36
Print Post  
Jack would rather play an imaginary game of war alone, then hangout with his neighbour Lily... but a surprise attack changes everything.
Director: Damian McLindon Writer: Damian McLindon
Stars: Riley Evans, Eva Lazzaro and Alice Garner
Information found at IMDB
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

« Last Edit: 12. Sep 2012 at 15:10 by mydogtam »  

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Re: JACK AND LILY
Reply #1 - 11. Sep 2012 at 12:34
Print Post  
OK guys (& dolls).  Am I in the minority here?  I think 20 pictures is good to post for a full length movie, and maybe only 1 or 2 for a 7-minute short ... 

But of course we DO want to hear about them.

IP Logged

St Mule
Silver Member

Reply #2 - 12. Sep 2012 at 14:13
Print Post  
mydogtam,

I will not let hosenhaus be the only one bringing up the subject about how many pictures are enough. I wouldn't put a number on them but would say that they should be distinct and not just several caps from the same scene. I don't see hosenhaud attacking you but just bringing up a very proper question and that is whether he was the only one bothered by endless clips. Of the clips in this post, I would have reduced them down to three. The profile one of his scoping in the girl, the girl, and them in the tree. It shows the boy and his desire to play war and then that changes by him in the tree with the girl. The girl pic just shows you what he was aiming at and the turning point of the movie.

Now just to point out, just because there are 853 members listed doesn't mean they are still here or read regularly. I used to post real regular when Bijou ran this site but I got burned out and just went to reading and occasionally posting.

Since you gave hosenhaus some advice, I will do the same. I suggest you try to not be so thin skinned and look at posts as not an attack on you but bringing up questions. His asking about if he was the only one was more to see if his personality about what he sees here is affecting his pleasure of reading posts. Now to bring up one other factor about the number of images, some people are limited on how much they can view or get charged more for going over their limit. The more images in a post then the more their usage is consumed. So a judicial choice of images are appreciated more that volume. Quality over quantity.

Stubborn Mule

IP Logged

mydogtam
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 12. Sep 2012 at 15:02
Print Post  
Thank you for your reply St Mule. I do believe that a reality check was called for and an apology to  hosenhaus from me for being defensive about his comments, I’m sure that they were genuine.
Some of the earlier posts in the short forum gave no other information than the title and a link which is also frustrating but your suggestions have been helpful.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print