Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) favorite type of boy actor movies (Read 6,586 times)
boyactor fan445

boyactorfan

favorite type of boy actor movies
09. May 2014 at 13:35
Print Post  
I love movies where the theme is the emotional dynamics between characters.

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: favorite type of boy actor movies
Reply #1 - 09. May 2014 at 20:14
Print Post  
One of the best films for 'emotional dynamics' between two boys is 'The Cure' starring Brad Renfro and Joseph Mazzello. I like those type of boy films as well as a film where the plot relies almost entirely on one boy actor like 'Motorama' with Jordan Christopher Michael and 'This Special Friendship' with Didier Haudepin. Another are thriller films like 'Mercury Rising' with Miko Hughes.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09. May 2014 at 20:31
Print Post  
The 1st movie to come to mind for me is ET The Extraterrestrial! If Henry Thomas hadn't been as successful playing Elloit as he was, the movie would have been a total flop! Henry is now in his 40s and has had a very successful career.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #3 - 10. May 2014 at 03:22
Print Post  
My favourite type of boy movie usually features a boy that is a bit of an outcast, kinda lonely, smart but introverted. Double plus bonus if this boy is infatuated with another boy (or even in some cases a girl, or a man or woman), either as an actual love interest but more often just as a friend or as someone he admires or someone who represents who he would like to be. Maybe the other boy is slightly older, or he is just the polar opposite of the main character - more outgoing, athletic, popular, whatever.

Probably because that's pretty much what my entire childhood was like, so I see myself in these characters.

Another genre that I really like is anything that features a boy who is small and innocent looking, but actually extremely powerful in one way or another, either just because he is extremely intelligent (like Ender's Game, though I haven't seen the movie, so I'm thinking more of the film), or has powers (Avatar: The Last Airbender, though here I'm thinking of the TV series, not the movie adaptation, which was terrible).

I also like somewhat movies about very serious and very intense looking boys.

And more generally, I usually like movies that show friendships between boys of different ages. A good example is Le Souffle au coeur.

IP Logged

boyactor fan445

boyactorfan

Reply #4 - 10. May 2014 at 07:01
Print Post  
One movie that stand out for me is boys of st vincent.The boy actors were excelent in their roles.I also want to complement Perry Egleton on his role in Will.He were excelent.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 10. May 2014 at 08:36
Print Post  
Smiley I live very much the play of Perry EGGLETON in part of Will in Will. Very good movie which I have in DVD.

IP Logged

boyactor fan445

boyactorfan

Reply #6 - 10. May 2014 at 08:51
Print Post  
It is a shame that he did not act more.

IP Logged

boyactorzrule
Gold Member

You are getting sleepy.

Reply #7 - 10. May 2014 at 15:40
Print Post  
boyactor fan445 wrote on 10. May 2014 at 07:01:
One movie that stand out for me is boys of st vincent.The boy actors were excelent in their roles.I also want to complement Perry Egleton on his role in Will.He were excelent.

yes but the subject matter was very disturbing

IP Logged

boyactor fan445

boyactorfan

Reply #8 - 10. May 2014 at 15:58
Print Post  
Yes that is true.That makes movies interesting.It must be done with sensetivity.

IP Logged

boyactor fan445

boyactorfan

Reply #9 - 10. May 2014 at 18:35
Print Post  
I also think that boy actors must know what type of role they are going to play in a movie so they can be ready for it.I have heard actors say that it can get pretty intense.They get so into the role that they excperience intense emotion.That is how it should be.That is when i connect with the characters.

IP Logged

Guillaume
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 24. May 2014 at 19:07
Print Post  
boyactor fan445 wrote on 10. May 2014 at 15:58:
Yes that is true.That makes movies interesting.It must be done with sensetivity.

Unfortunately this video is cropped and missing the cutest scenes when the boys are nude and cute! Wink)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print