Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Most beautiful boy at the age of 11/12? (Read 23,736 times)
HuckFinn
Silver Member

Most beautiful boy at the age of 11/12?
20. May 2002 at 03:46
Print Post  
Einen schönen Pfingstmontag,

the image of Jonathan Brandis in the thread (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) gave me the inspiration to the following question: who - at the age of 11/12 - was the most beautiful/cute/erotic/fascinating/etc. boy and in which movie? You all know my answer; and I can't tell you how hard the decision was for me. If I'd ask about a 12/13 y/o boy, I'd probably answered "Maxime Collin".
What about you?
Also interesting would be the "why". As for me I'm attracted to uniforms, specific hairstyles and ...*
Please answer all to both questions - I'm the kind of scientific guy: I have to see, I have to learn, I have to know!

Viele Grüße,
HuckFinn

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #1 - 20. May 2002 at 11:16
Print Post  
Huck, trying to answer your questions was absolute torture!! You shouldn't make us suffer like that. Smiley

There is just no way that I can choose a boy and say with absolute certainty that he was the most beautiful 11/12 y/o from a film. There are just too many.

I managed to narrow it down considerably to a few that struck me as particularly beautiful. Pelle Hvenegaard and Antoine Hubert are two that came immediately to mind. Jake Thomas in A.I was about the right age and very cute. Mason Gamble in Rushmore (although that probably has more to do with his character than his actual physical appearance). Michael Angarano is too old to fit in your category in Almost Famous and I haven't seen him in Music of the Heart, otherwise I would include him also.

But since I must choose only one, I will say Regis Arpin in Je suis le seigneur du chateau. Here is the only half-decent picture of him I could find on the Internet. (I would be forever grateful if one of you could make a nice gallery of DVD caps from this amazing film!!!)

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Now, to answer your question: Why? Difficult to explain, but I'll try. For me, the impact of seeing a boy in a film depends in almost equal parts to three elements: 1. acting ability of the boy, 2. the character the boy is playing and 3. physical appearance. Good acting can be judged a bit more objectively, but the other two characteristics are really just a matter of personal preferences. The right combination of these three elements is what leads to what I might call a "transcendental aesthetic experience" Wink

Generally speaking, the boys I prefer in films are "intense" characters in one way or another. For example, I have a thing for boys that display a superior intellectual and emotional maturity, while still maintaining the innocence, fragility and beauty of boyhood. The character of "Thomas" in Je suis le seigneur du chateau is the perfect example of such a character. Director Régis Wargnier's extremely melodramatic style emphasizes that intensity.

I don't know if that makes any sense. It's always hard to try to rationalize what are for the most part semi-conscious feelings.

IP Logged

Elfboy
Bronze Member

Reply #2 - 20. May 2002 at 14:00
Print Post  
Hi Huck,

There are so many beautiful boys!

Why, Oh Why, Would you ask such a dificult question?

But there is one boy, one performance that came immediately to my mind.

In my opinion, at the age of 12, he was so beautiful, so innocent looking and such a good actor, you didn't realize he was acting.

Wil Wheaton in the movie,,,"Stand By Me"

I loved the leach scene,,,,when he reached in his briefs and pulled out a bloody leach and then fainted.

I loved the scene where he pulled the pistol  on the older boys.

I loved the scene where he and Gordy held each.

Yep,,,,I see innocence in Wil Wheaton's eyes.  The all over good boy! 

Sorry for no pic,,,,,but "Stand By Me" is such a classic, I don't think a pic is probably necessary to see Wil in our minds eye!

Willie

IP Logged

Cameron
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 20. May 2002 at 16:21
Print Post  
When I read josephk say "superior intellectual and emotional maturity, while still maintaining the innocence, fragility..." the first boy I thought of was Joseph Mazzello in 'The Cure'.  He misses on beauty though.  I'll try to give this some thought and chime in later.

IP Logged

Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Reply #4 - 20. May 2002 at 16:55
Print Post  
As josephk said, Regis Arpin is certainly a good choice.

But, for me, there's only one who would have to be the best for beauty, pure joy of boyhood, and ability to melt my heart (the most important attribute to me): Smiley

Julien Ciamaca. 

*sigh*

Love,
Sir Jacob

IP Logged

Cameron
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 20. May 2002 at 18:17
Print Post  
I hate to have to do a 'yeah, I agree', but honestly, Julien was my choice before I read Jacob's post.

He is so stunningly gorgeous he leaves me speechless.  'My Father's Glory' has to be my number one favorite movie, both for the boy as well as the cinematography and the easy, wonderful story.

IP Logged

HuckFinn
Silver Member

Reply #6 - 20. May 2002 at 20:02
Print Post  
Thanks to all who have replied so far.
Yes, the question was unfair and I have to admit that it is almost impossible to answer it correctly, especially if you want to consider all attributes I listed. It would be easier - but still very hard - to answer the questions "who was the most beautiful boy", "who was the cutest boy", etc.

josephk, your answer did make sense. Since I haven't seen "The Wrong Guys", I can't tell anything about Jonathan Brandis' character/acting abilities in it, but in all the films with him I have in my collection I both like his character and his acting abilities. The way he could play with his face-muscles was amazing (best seen in "The Neverending Story 2" ). And his beauty always makes me gasp. He still looked beautiful at the age of 15 ( "Ladybugs" ), and there are very few teenagers I can say this about. In "Sidekicks" we have a little problem: his hair is way too long!

Regarding the scientific thing: don't take it too serious; it was more a homage to Dr. Channard in "Hellraiser 2" (great movie, but no boys). Smiley

And now for German lesson #1 Cheesy :
"Einen schönen Pfingstmontag" means "A wonderful Whitmonday".

Bijou, another bug report: the combination of a quotation mark and a round closing bracket produces a winking smilie. That's why I had to put a space between in the two cases above. Could you fix this? It's a little annoying.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #7 - 20. May 2002 at 20:54
Print Post  
The most beautiful boy from the movies?

A tough question. ?Insidious. ?It took me hours to decide. ?Of course I had to look at all the pictures on my HD...

The winner:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Ovidiu Balan in MONDO

I put my runners-up (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (now kindly hosted in a new spot).

« Last Edit: 14. Feb 2007 at 14:03 by hosenhaus »  

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #8 - 20. May 2002 at 21:51
Print Post  
Hosenhaus, nice pics in your runners-up selection. Would you mind listing the names, from top to bottom? Many of them I don't know.

Thanks.

IP Logged

HuckFinn
Silver Member

Reply #9 - 20. May 2002 at 22:16
Print Post  
Nice page, hosenhaus. Did you create it just for this thread?
Who is that boy: (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
Despite his long hair he looks really cute!
Is "Mondo" worth buying? The story sounds interesting, but could you comment on it? Seems that this is more a documentary than a movie; does it get boring?

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 21. May 2002 at 08:08
Print Post  
Oh Huck. You just like him because he's wearing lipstick! (Isn't he cute?)

For pure beauty, Julien. Yeah. Definitely.

My favorite boy actor, though is Joseph Mazello. Not only is he a fine actor, but he gets roles where he plays a boy with a big man-deficit in his life. Very appealing ("Take me with you!" Three Wishes). I could put my arms around that guy and hold him for hours.

Certainly worth honorable mention is Haley Osment. Unusual eyes. Oh yes, and my little buddy from Oliver! I keep forgetting his name. Very pretty boy. Wrong age though. Sorry!

IP Logged

HuckFinn
Silver Member

Reply #11 - 21. May 2002 at 22:25
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote: from devon on 6:08 am on May 21, 2002
Oh Huck. You just like him because he's wearing lipstick! (Isn't he cute?)

You mean in Ladybugs? Cheesy
No, I didn't like him disguised. But without: cool hairstyle and just beautiful!

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #12 - 22. May 2002 at 07:50
Print Post  
Mondo is not a documentary.  it is (loosely) based on a novel by Jean-Marie G. Le Clezio.  It's about a boy who just turns up out of nowhere, lives on the street, and brings happiness to everyone he meets.

IP Logged

Cameron
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 22. May 2002 at 15:42
Print Post  
The boy in Oliver! is Mark Lester, born July 11, 1958

He was a prolific actor during the sixties and seventies.

Allez France! as Gerald
Black Beauty as Joe
Boy Who Stole the Elephant, The as Davey
Dance Under the Elms
Eye Witness as Ziggy
Fahrenheit-451
Melody as Daniel
Oliver! as Oliver
Our Mother's House as Jimminee
Prince and the Pauper
Redneck as Lennox Duncan
Run Wild, Run Free as Philip Ransome
Scalawag as Jamie
Spaceflight IC-1 as Don Saunders
What the Peeper Saw as Marcus
Who Slew Auntie Roo? as Christopher
Witches, The

From IMDB:

Mark attended stage school in London, England as a young child and made his film debut in Allez France (1964) at the age of six. He made countless TV appearances and became very well known in England. Worldwide fame developed as a result of his partrayal of a stuttering child in Our Mother's House (1967). Producers of Oliver! (1968) auditioned 250 child actors for the title role and finally chose Mark Lester. Many roles for TV, film and stage followed. His last major film was Crossed Swords (1977). He now lives with his wife and two children in Cheltenham, England. He and his wife are osteopaths.

Cammi

IP Logged

Bijou
Global Moderator

Tinkerus Supremis

Reply #14 - 23. May 2002 at 02:37
Print Post  
")
Hmm, so it does....that's weird. I'll take a look at the weekend.
Thanks hosenhaus.

love,
Bijou

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print