Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Tsatsiki - Vänner för alltid (2001) (Read 3,387 times)
Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Tsatsiki - Vänner för alltid (2001)
01. Nov 2002 at 22:29
Print Post  

Tsatsiki - Vänner för alltid, which I guess is Swedish for Tsatsiki - Friends Forever, is the sequel to "Tsatsiki, Mom, and the Policeman" another movie that I am on the lookout for. Both movies feature Romanian born Samuel Haus as Tsatsiki. A few other boys have sizeable roles as well, notably Sam Kessel (Together) as Pär Hammar, Tsatsiki's best friend and Kasper Lindström as Wille, one of his classmates. The review I'm borrowing comes from the Chicago Kidsfest website and was written by a member of their children's jury.

The film is about ten-year-old Tsatsiki, the title character, and his life with his rock star mother Tina, her policeman boyfriend Goran, his soccer fanatic best friend Per Hammar, and his girlfriend Maria. For starters, Maria doesn't believe in love anymore because her parents yell at each other all the time, and are the poster children for divorce. Tsatsiki thinks Maria doesn't believe in love because he's not a good kisser, which leads to a major confrontation in which Maria yells out all of the secrets Tsatsiki entrusted her. One of these secrets is about Per Hammar, and that leads to Hammar and Tsatsiki's fallout.
After both his best friend and his girlfriend leave him, the only thing Tsatsiki has to look forward to is his summer vacation, where Tsatsiki learns that without friendship there is no love, and without love there is no friendship.

The movie encompasses what it's like to be confused about whether or not you're in love — especially when you're an adolescent. The actor who plays Tsatsiki portrays him the way Tsatsiki was meant to be: wide-eyed, inquisitive, and confused. Tsatsiki-Friends Forever is the best film about about adolescent love I've seen in a long time, because it talks about true love instead of just physical love.
The cinematography shows Greece as a beautiful, peaceful, and culture-filled country. This way of presenting Greece is contrasted by the camerawork used to show us the bustling city life in Stockholm, where Tsatsiki lives. If I could suggest any film about love in the festival, Tsatsiki-Friends Forever would be it.
--------------------------
images expired
« Last Edit: 06. Mar 2004 at 21:54 by cal-Q-L8 »  

IP Logged

socksoles
Silver Member

Tsatsiki - Vänner för alltid (2001)
Reply #1 - 03. Nov 2002 at 12:07
Print Post  
The first Tsatsiki movie (based on books by Moni Nilsson-Brännström) was fun to watch. Haven't seen the second movie yet, but will do so very soon.

The DVD R2 can be ordered through (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) just like the first movie. No English subtitles however.

'soles'

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print