Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Boychoir Music (Read 6,688 times)
Sir Jacob
Global Moderator

Big Daddy...The Message
Master.

Boychoir Music
13. Jan 2003 at 18:40
Print Post  
I've been collecting boychoir music for a few years now, as well as some of the pop-singing individual boys. I don't have near the number of cd's of boychoirs or boy singers as I do of boymovies on dvd, but I do have about 40 now, I believe. Nothing is more beautiful to me, and I never leave home without at least some of my collection with me.

Anthony Way was a personal favorite for a couple of years, but lately I've been listening to Declan Galbraith most often, and the St. Phillips Boys Choir (Angel Voices, I, II, and III). I order from both Amazon.com in the U.S., and Amazon.com.uk, besides having a source in the U.K. that has an online music store.

I'm sorry I don't have a way to post some of the music itself here to share with you, but I do intend to review some of these cd's in the coming weeks for you. (Maybe I'll even scan in the cd covers for you, because there are some cute boys on them!)

If you're interested in checking out some of the good boy music that I've already got in my collection, there's this guy at Amazon.com who has done a list of his favorites, and I'm glad to say that I already have all that are on his list. Smiley

Here's the link to his list, if you're interested:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Love,
Sir J

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Boychoir Music
Reply #1 - 13. Jan 2003 at 20:46
Print Post  
I've got most of the music on those CDs.  Not all in original form though, I can't afford it.  Many are in MP3 format or music video format.

If that guys list is in order of preference, I'm surprised that Michael Junior is listed at the bottom.  I'd have him much closer to the top.

I'm very much looking  forward to your reviews Sir J.  Smiley

Oh and Declan is definitely my most recent favourite.

IP Logged

beachguy
Ex Member

Boychoir Music
Reply #2 - 27. Mar 2003 at 21:46
Print Post  
My favorites are the two Libera CDs.

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Rugby
Reply #3 - 14. Jul 2006 at 13:57
Print Post  
Now that the World Cup is finished, maybe other sports deserve a mention.

England Rugby Anthem

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Re: Boychoir Music
Reply #4 - 18. Jul 2006 at 08:27
Print Post  
That was nice. Thanks for the link.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #5 - 19. Jul 2006 at 11:14
Print Post  
I remember seeing those boys sing prior to a rugby match. It may have been in the last World Cup Rugby in 2003 although I have a feeling it might have been more recently.  Time sure flies!

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 21. Jan 2007 at 00:15
Print Post  
There's no time like the present to find great clips of Libera at You Tube. Replay 7 has a capturing utility for the FLV format You Tube uses, and FLVPlayer plays them, so I've been able to enjoy a number of fine videos from there.

It's always a poignant moment to see a Libera singer move on to other things, as several favorites have done recently, but it's part of the transient nature of boy choirs. It also allows new youth to join the choir. And when one of the lads decides to stay involved as an older person it's also a heart-warming thing.

Of particular interest is the breadth of Libera coverage at You Tube. I only became familiar with the group a few years ago, even though they've been around since the 1980s. Several kind-hearted souls have posted a large number of older clips (Angel Voices / SPBC days), so I can get a better perspective on the choir from the other side of Y2K. It's one of my greatest joys in life to hear beautiful music sung by the angels of Libera. I often go to sleep at night with their music playing.

If anyone reading this is not familiar with Libera, I recommend it heartily. It adds a gentle dimension to life, which can be difficult at times.

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 08. Mar 2007 at 21:35
Print Post  
A small sampling of the many images (and videos) of my favourite music group.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #8 - 09. Mar 2007 at 03:39
Print Post  
recent pics of them seem to suggest they are getting rid of the 'church' type robes in favour of more modern, casual style dress. That would seem to be a good move to me and should broaden their appeal.

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #9 - 09. Mar 2007 at 12:50
Print Post  
This somewhat related story (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) made for interested reading...

IP Logged

devon
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 09. Mar 2007 at 14:37
Print Post  
I read with dismay the article. It points out that many boys are afraid of being thought not to be masculine because they sing in a boys' choir.

Is it unmasculine to make beautiful music? I certainly don't think so. Libera has shown that the boys in boys' choirs can be quite masculine, quite "boys" and still sing brilliantly.

Our society is sick and perverted when beauty is equated with sickness and perversion.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print