Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Joseph Sasson (Read 30,665 times)
MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Re: Joseph Sasson
Reply #45 - 07. Sep 2008 at 23:11
Print Post  
Some Sasson fans may enjoy this.....

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #46 - 10. Nov 2008 at 01:59
Print Post  
Just wondering, when looking through my posts of Joseph Sasson, it seems most of my pictures have been removed.

All of the pics I posted were done by myself, and were one-of-a kind.  A lot of effort went into making and posting them, and it's quite a shame that they are all lost now, never to be seen again.

I notice also that some of them have been removed on my post of Jon Brandis, which seems good enough to be a "Prime Thread", but really looks bad when pics are mentioned in the text, and they no longer exist. Very nice way to treat the memory of those that have passed on.  I have written an addition to the posting about Jon, as it is very close to Nov 12, the day that he left this life.  I will be making that post, but it won't be on this board.

« Last Edit: 10. Nov 2008 at 14:45 by MikeZ »  

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #47 - 10. Nov 2008 at 23:23
Print Post  
MikeZ wrote on 10. Nov 2008 at 01:59:
Just wondering, when looking through my posts of Joseph Sasson, it seems most of my pictures have been removed.

I have been noticing this lately: I guess attached pics are automatically deleted after a certain length of time.  Maybe we can ask the boss whether that is intentional or not.

It also seems that when this happens, all those posts are again listed as "new" ... I guess that should happen since there has been a change.

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #48 - 11. Nov 2008 at 00:52
Print Post  
There are only about 2 or 3 pics left out of well over 20......and one of the ones left is the oldest.....almost all of the pics were posted at the same time, making them very well within the same time frame.

I still have the original tapes, and can get the caps off them, but it will take quite a while, as there are several episodes on the same tape.

It would really have been nice, if when it was decided to remove them, for whoever did it, to notify me, in case I wanted to save the images.

As far as I can tell, about the only posting I made that is still intact, is the one titled "Covers".....all of those are still there, and have been safely moved, copied,  to my puter, just in case.

With all the comments talking about the pics, that no longer exist, the entire thread is trashed, in my opinion.  The main point of the posting, was the pictures.

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #49 - 11. Nov 2008 at 01:03
Print Post  
Almost the same thing happened when the new owner took over MK....everything was going very well until one day, almost all pics in the forum were deleted, "to save disk space" was the reasoning...geez...if you want to same space, just delete the entire forum.

After that, things slowed down quite a lot.  No need for disk space, if nobody is posting.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #50 - 12. Nov 2008 at 03:23
Print Post  
MikeZ wrote on 11. Nov 2008 at 01:03:
Almost the same thing happened when the new owner took over MK....everything was going very well until one day, almost all pics in the forum were deleted, "to save disk space" was the reasoning...geez...if you want to same space, just delete the entire forum.

After that, things slowed down quite a lot.  No need for disk space, if nobody is posting.

Anyway, thanks for your reply, I do appreciate it.

======================================

Hi, MikeZ. What is MK? Is that another forum?

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #51 - 12. Nov 2008 at 14:30
Print Post  
K, that is Moviekids.org  sorry, I should have been more clear!

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #52 - 12. Nov 2008 at 18:39
Print Post  
The issue with images is that as all images are posted with the full URL, any images that were posted on the previous forum would have an address on the previous server. I've not been through the thousands of posts here checking for out-of-date image links, but as I've said before, if there is a particular thread where you want the images restoring, let me know.

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Reply #53 - 12. Nov 2008 at 23:06
Print Post  
Quantum wrote on 12. Nov 2008 at 18:39:
The issue with images is that as all images are posted with the full URL, any images that were posted on the previous forum would have an address on the previous server. I've not been through the thousands of posts here checking for out-of-date image links, but as I've said before, if there is a particular thread where you want the images restoring, let me know.

Thanks for that information!  Looking back at the posts, I see that many of them now have clickable links displayed, and the caps are indeed at that location, so that may make recovery much easier.  Actually, I should be able to replace them using the modify icon. Some others just have a note that the attachment has been removed.

I still have all the original tapes, and if worse comes to worse, I'd be very willing to re-cap them again.

Thanks again, for your reply.

I am very glad that my "Covers"  posting has remained intact!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Print