Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Freddie Highmore at the SAG awards (Read 7,825 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Re: Freddie Highmore at the SAG awards
Reply #15 - 10. Feb 2005 at 13:10
Print Post  
I think I actually haven't seen Dakota Fanning in any movie, but from what I've heard she's a very talented actress.

I think I see what Wildeboy means by her being a little too precocious, which is often a problem with girl actresses. I find they have a tendency (or perhaps directors encourage them) to act like grown ups, and I don't find that cute at all. What gives a boy actor his charm is that he looks and behaves like a boy, not like a smaller, cuter version of a man. And I find that in movies, generally speaking, boys are given more of that freedom to just be boys, whereas girls are often treated like "precious little dolls" or precocious little women.

But my criticism is really more directed at society in general than it is directed at Dakota Fanning, whom I'm sure is a good actress and deserves all the critical attention she's receiving.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #16 - 10. Feb 2005 at 20:46
Print Post  
Gee, I like Dakota a lot. She was great in 'I am Sam' and I'm looking forward to seeing more of her work.

I had a bit of a read just now on Dakota's IMBd message board and I truly think some of the nasty comments should be deleted from there. Freedom of speech is one thing but suggesting that a kid should commit suicide or whatever is 'sick'.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #17 - 11. Feb 2005 at 03:51
Print Post  
Wow!

I guess I'll have to take back about girl actors not getting as much abuse as boys from movie fans. That really is sick.

IP Logged

Wildeboy
Gold Member

Teen Alexander

Reply #18 - 11. Feb 2005 at 14:14
Print Post  
Disgusting.  People who post such messages reveal a lot about themselves.  I hope Dakota doesn't read her IMDb board.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print