Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) My new "Chinese child star" site (Read 10,673 times)
choir2001

BA Member

My new "Chinese child star" site
20. Feb 2005 at 02:35
Print Post  
Many beautiful photos. have a visit!
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
« Last Edit: 25. Feb 2005 at 09:49 by choir2001 »  

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: My new "Chinese child star" site
Reply #1 - 20. Feb 2005 at 03:53
Print Post  
welcome to BA

..and congratulations on your site. I hope you continue to add to it and that the site will be around for a long time. I can't think of any other site that focuses on young Chinese actors.. so it's a very welcome addition.

I'll add your site to our links page.

IP Logged

choir2001

BA Member

Reply #2 - 20. Feb 2005 at 07:41
Print Post  
Thank you! Of course I will keep managing it. Although I can't promise frequently addition, but since there are few English pages dedicated to Chinese child star, so actually there are a lot of things to add. I've made a link to this forum.

IP Logged

zork
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #3 - 20. Feb 2005 at 07:47
Print Post  
Quote:
Thank you! Of course I will keep managing it. Although I can't promise frequently addition, but since there are few English pages dedicated to Chinese child star, so actually there are a lot of things to add. I've made a link to this forum.

Do you have a plan to make Chinese/English version? My native language is Chinese. Smiley
Your site is nice! When I was a child, I like to watch Shi Xiaolong's movies.
p.s. I come from Taiwan.

IP Logged

choir2001

BA Member

Reply #4 - 20. Feb 2005 at 08:09
Print Post  
To zork:

I'am very glad that you like my site! Thank you! Now I am working on the German(Deutsch) version. But sorry, for the moment I don't want to develop a Chinese version. Because:

1. You can easily find some Chinese language sites dedicated to Shi Xiaolong and other stars.

2.Maintaining a three-language site is not easy.

Good, you also watch Shi Xiaolong's movies. I thought that children in Taiwan didn't watch  mainland movie before.

IP Logged

zork
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 20. Feb 2005 at 08:50
Print Post  
Quote:
To zork:

I'am very glad that you like my site! Thank you! Now I am working on the German(Deutsch) version. But sorry, for the moment I don't want to develop a Chinese version. Because:

1. You can easily find some Chinese language sites dedicated to Shi Xiaolong and other stars.

2.Maintaining a three-language site is not easy.

Good, you also watch Shi Xiaolong's movies. I thought that children in Taiwan didn't watch  mainland movie before.

Thaks for your answer. Smiley

Some of Shi Xiaolong's movies, like "Xiao lin xiao zi"(aka Shaolin Popey ) and "Zhong Guo long"(aka China Dragon), were directed by Yin-Ping Chu, who come from Taiwan. So I can see those movies in theaters.

I like to watch some mainland movies, like "He ni zai yi qi"(aka Together), "Yi ge dou bu neng shao"(aka Not One Less).

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #6 - 20. Feb 2005 at 10:13
Print Post  
Thanks for putting up this site. Although I have seen many movies from many countries, very few Chinese films make their way to the US. As a result most of these boys, other than Tang Yung, are unknown to me.
I will keep checking back in on your site, so I can learn more about the young stars that China is producing.  Smiley

IP Logged

Rembrandt
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 20. Feb 2005 at 22:04
Print Post  
You have a wonderful site. Thank you for sharing it with us. I have been wanting to know someone from China for a long time. I have seen some Chinese films but not  enough to get a grasp of the culture. Keep up the good work!

IP Logged

choir2001

BA Member

Reply #8 - 21. Feb 2005 at 00:20
Print Post  
Quote:
Thaks for your answer. Smiley

Some of Shi Xiaolong's movies, like "Xiao lin xiao zi"(aka Shaolin Popey ) and "Zhong Guo long"(aka China Dragon), were directed by Yin-Ping Chu, who come from Taiwan. So I can see those movies in theaters.

I like to watch some mainland movies, like "He ni zai yi qi"(aka Together), "Yi ge dou bu neng shao"(aka Not One Less).

I haven't heard of the word "aka", although I know what you mean.
I see, you can't watch any mainland TV stations. What a pity. As you like Shi Xiaolong, you should watch his TV plays, which are very good. I like "shao nian huang fei hong" and "ba sui long ye nao dong jing".
btw: Maybe I should put the reading spell of each Movie's name on my site. That is more exact.

IP Logged

choir2001

BA Member

Reply #9 - 21. Feb 2005 at 00:29
Print Post  
Quote:
You have a wonderful site. Thank you for sharing it with us. I have been wanting to know someone from China for a long time. I have seen some Chinese films but not  enough to get a grasp of the culture. Keep up the good work!

Thank you, Glad to know you! If you have any questions about China, I'll try my best to help you.
There are also English sites which introduces Chinese culture. By the way, Are the visitors to this forum mainly from America?

IP Logged

choir2001

BA Member

Reply #10 - 21. Feb 2005 at 01:00
Print Post  
Quote:
Thanks for putting up this site. Although I have seen many movies from many countries, very few Chinese films make their way to the US. As a result most of these boys, other than Tang Yung, are unknown to me.
I will keep checking back in on your site, so I can learn more about the young stars that China is producing.

But you have a Russian name! Oh, I see, the boy at your signature is a Russian star.
Ok, I'll add more stuffs to the site. Do you want to learn more about any boy especially?
Why can't I see the above link page. Always says "An Error Has Occured! You do not have access to upload a custom avatar"

IP Logged

zork
Silver Member

BA Member

Reply #11 - 21. Feb 2005 at 02:40
Print Post  
Quote:
I haven't heard of the word "aka", although I know what you mean.
I see, you can't watch any mainland TV stations. What a pity. As you like Shi Xiaolong, you should watch his TV plays, which are very good. I like "shao nian huang fei hong" and "ba sui long ye nao dong jing".
btw: Maybe I should put the reading spell of each Movie's name on my site. That is more exact.

Actually, we can watch mainland TV series in Taiwan if Taiwan TV companies buy them. Smiley
I watched "shao nian huang fei hong" many years ago... 8)

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #12 - 21. Feb 2005 at 20:51
Print Post  
Thanks for your offer choir  Smiley

The only other Chinese movies I have seen other than Together are China My Sorrow, Country Teachers, and Going To School with My Father on my Back.

If you have pictures of any of the actors from those films that would be great, otherwise I'll just learn more about the actors you choose to spotlight.

P.S. The boy in my avatar is who is one of my all time favorite boy actors.  Wink

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #13 - 21. Feb 2005 at 21:16
Print Post  
Quote:
Are the visitors to this forum mainly from America?

No, it's a very international group of people...  Bijou is from the UK, I'm from Australia and Joseph is from Canada. There are quite a few other countries represented as well. Of course there are a few from the US, but we don't hold that against them, it's not their fault  :laughing:

IP Logged

choir2001

BA Member

Reply #14 - 23. Feb 2005 at 22:45
Print Post  
A new gallery added to my site. Welcome to visti!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print