Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Individual Ratings!? (Read 2,726 times)
RocketBoy
Bronze Member

RocketBoy

Individual Ratings!?
05. Mar 2005 at 11:36
Print Post  
I was doing that "thinking" thing again (head hurts)Tongue and I thought "Hey, it would be cool if the boy actors themselves had a seperate rating system". I'm sure someone already had that same thought, and I could think of a few good reasons why it wouldn't work, but I think the Pros could out-weigh the Cons.

Even some kind of polling system would be cool.

Another good idea is maybe adding a feature to our profiles where we could list our favorite actors, and/or our top 10 favorite movies (which we'd be able to change from time to time)

What do you guys think?

IP Logged

Jasen
Gold Member

Jasen

Re: Individual Ratings!?
Reply #1 - 05. Mar 2005 at 11:40
Print Post  
Rocketboy last month we do our favorte top 100 movies and some did more and do 150 films.  I like to have list when can change top ten favorite films any time bcause some times I see movie I never seen bfore and it go near top of list too.

IP Logged

AH382
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 05. Mar 2005 at 15:43
Print Post  
I didn't know that you will make a poll about it. I think its cool.

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #3 - 05. Mar 2005 at 21:23
Print Post  
RocketBoy, the idea of adding a rating system for the actors on our database has indeed been discussed before. Although it might seem like a good idea at first, there are some problems with it.

As we discussed in another thread, one of our goal at BoyActors is to help bring recognition and respect to boys in the entertainment industry. A system assigning boys a rating out of ten could be interpreted as going against that philosophy. There is something slightly disrespectful about giving boys (or any actor) a rating, something akin to treating them like objects instead of human beings. Also, we want boy actors to be proud of their work. We wouldn't want a boy actor to check his profile on this site and be hurt by a low rating.

However, I like your other ideas about a polling system or adding lists of favourite movies and actors in user's profiles. That could be fun and intersting, and I don't think it would cause any problem. I don't exactly how it could be done, or if Bijou (our technical genius) has time to create something like that, but it's worth discussing.

We can use this thread to brainstorm. Share your ideas, people. We (the admin team) will definitely take them into consideration and if it seems feasible, we'll do what we can to bring these new features to BA.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #4 - 05. Mar 2005 at 22:12
Print Post  
I agree with joseph...

Rating the actors seems like a fun thing to do but in light of the many cruel remarks directed toward child actors on IMBd it would be counterproductive to our philosophy.

Posters can of course compile and post their own lists of favourite actors.

I like the idea of a permanent poll though. It would be cool if members could vote once a week for their favourite five actors. I'd like to see an all time favourite list and a yearly list.  I'm not sure how it could be set up though.  Perhaps a voting button on each actors profile.

IP Logged

Bijou
Global Moderator

Tinkerus Supremis

Reply #5 - 08. Mar 2005 at 13:09
Print Post  
Yeah, that wouldn't be too difficult to set up - some months ago I was thinking of adding a feature like this, but never got around to it.

The way the database works, some things are relatively easy to do, others require more work. So, if you do think of something that would be useful, just let me know.

love,
Bijou

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print