Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Twelve and Holding (2005) (Read 16,183 times)
TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Re: Twelve and Holding (2005)
Reply #15 - 23. Jun 2009 at 19:33
Print Post  
I don't disagree with that system at all.  On a purely logical scale, I agree with it whole-heartedly.  It's on the practical scale that I guess I fall off a bit.

Just by *having* a boy in it, my grade seems to go up a notch or two.  Cute boy, add another!  Good acting, good script, good story... suddenly the score is topped out.  You're right... but my ratings here are more like an "absolute" rating, which means it's compared to movies that don't have kids, too.  I *should* use a separate scale, but I have a difficult time giving a boy movie I *like* something as low as a 5 or 6.

Oh well.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #16 - 23. Jun 2009 at 20:39
Print Post  
I'm guilty of the same thing, to some extent. I sometimes give movies here a point higher than I give them on IMDb.

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #17 - 31. Aug 2013 at 21:39
Print Post  

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Smiley I saw this very good movie this evening. I liked very much the very good play of Conor DONOVAN in part of Jacob and Ruby and this one of Jesse CAMACHO in part of Léonard. My movie rating is 9/10 !

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01. Sep 2013 at 14:26
Print Post  
I love this movie, I've seen it several times, I can relate to Donovan's character because I know what it's like to be bullied! and I know how I would feel if something caused my Brother's death! I would probably want revenge too!

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #19 - 22. Aug 2014 at 21:20
Print Post  
The plot involving Conor Donovan playing the twins is the best part of this film. The ending is quite shocking with young Jacob, proving himself a budding psycho,  possibly going to causing trouble for his Mom in the future.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 23. Aug 2014 at 14:01
Print Post  
TheSwede wrote on 23. Jun 2009 at 19:33:
Just by *having* a boy in it, my grade seems to go up a notch or two.  Cute boy, add another!  Good acting, good script, good story... suddenly the score is topped out.  You're right... but my ratings here are more like an "absolute" rating, which means it's compared to movies that don't have kids, too.  I *should* use a separate scale, but I have a difficult time giving a boy movie I *like* something as low as a 5 or 6.

Oh well.

Me too! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print