Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) interesting article about a movie. (Read 10,177 times)
josephk
Platinum Member

Re: interesting article about a movie.
Reply #30 - 29. Sep 2008 at 14:53
Print Post  
It's the case with a lot of Italian movies up until the 70s at least, maybe even into the 80s. Another example:

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #31 - 29. Sep 2008 at 18:50
Print Post  
Virtually all Italian movies of that period were post-dubbed - even movies entirely in Italian where all the actors were Italian as well, and so there was no particular need to dub it. It seems to have been a fashion in Italy at that time...

A similar situation also exists with the Patrick Bach series Jack Holborn where it was shot with an English script but with actors from many different countries and so whichever version you see has some sort of dubbing - although obviously you get the best lip sync with the English dub (and Patrick did his own dubbing for the English version)...

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #32 - 30. Sep 2008 at 15:49
Print Post  
Thanks for that info on Jack Holborn, one of those productions I have not yet seen due to the dubbing problem. Knowing that the English version is the best there is, I'll have to put it on my list of things to watch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Print