Guest Message
Hi there Guest,

It looks like you are enjoying reading our forum, so why don't you register an account with us to stop seeing this message and benefit from many more features. Registration is easy and will only take you a few minutes.

If you already have an account with us, then click here to log in.

Thank you,

The BoyActors Forum Team
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) 2008 AFTI Media Boy Poll (Read 14,204 times)
hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Re: 2008 AFTI Media Boy Poll
Reply #15 - 27. Jan 2009 at 22:58
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 27. Jan 2009 at 21:41:
Wow. I can't believe how out of touch I am. I've never even heard of #1.

Maybe we will hear of him when one of his movies is released outside of France.

Emile Berling

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #16 - 29. Jan 2009 at 00:21
Print Post  
I've never heard of number 1 either but I have to say I was pretty happy with most of the other choices. I voted for a few of them. To be more specific, I voted for 3 of them so yeah, I'm pretty happy with the choices.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #17 - 29. Jan 2009 at 03:33
Print Post  
Emile is just outside of our age limitations, I assume his voters were primarily focusing on his role in Les Hauts murs. He does play a prominent role in the new Arnaud Desplechin (Rois et reine ) film as well which may be the best chance Americans will have to see him in action.

IP Logged

chocotwixx9
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 01. Feb 2009 at 20:11
Print Post  
It seems a lot of votes didn't get counted this year.  My friends and I compared our votes and a lot of them got lower votes and some weren't even on the Results list. Huh  The intro for 2008 results even said that "vote total was somewhat lower than most years".  Hmmm....something fishy about that.  There should be a RECOUNT!!!

IP Logged

chocotwixx9
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 01. Feb 2009 at 20:19
Print Post  
Zabladowski wrote on 03. Jan 2009 at 16:29:
If we tried to trim the picks in advance to only the most relevant, I'm not so sure someone like Alessandro Morace or Nash Aguas (both of whom did pretty well in the voting) would have made the cut.

If I may ask, what did you mean by "most relevant"?

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #20 - 01. Feb 2009 at 22:32
Print Post  
Maybe you should read the poll rules more carefully...

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #21 - 02. Feb 2009 at 04:13
Print Post  
Quote:
Zabladowski wrote on 03. Jan 2009 at 16:29:
If we tried to trim the picks in advance to only the most relevant, I'm not so sure someone like Alessandro Morace or Nash Aguas (both of whom did pretty well in the voting) would have made the cut.

If I may ask, what did you mean by "most relevant"?

A fair question.
If the list were going to be subjectively trimmed, I believe that only English speaking stars with middle to large parts and non-English speaking stars who made a great impact on the English speaking world (US, UK, Canada)  would be considered. Using this as a standard the two guys I mentioned would have had trouble as Alessandro's film had limited film festival dates and Nash's films don't really travel out of the Philippines.

In the last 10 years the only Filippino performers who got any sort of major exposure in the US have been Nathan Lopez and Jiro Manio and then for only one performance each! Although many members may be aware of these two roles, I suspect I'm the only one here (except for maybe you chocotwixx) who has seen the film they made together.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #22 - 03. Feb 2009 at 08:23
Print Post  
I didn't bother to vote this year.

Personally I think the way the voting is organized is ridiculous. That's just my opinion of course, but I think a lot of other people are put off from voting as well.

The poll needs to be divided into categories with a set of suitably chosen nominees. Eliminate all the riffraff and undemanding bit parts, TV commercials, music videos, stage performances, choristers, et al.

Then allow a suitable time period, several weeks at least, for people to actually check out the performances in an effort to allow a more valid vote.

The current result is pretty pointless and most likely reflects a mini conspiracy by a group of fangirls or friends of Emile Berling. I mean let's face facts, almost no one had even heard of him. I'm not suggesting for one minute that he lacks talent, but he IS virtually unknown internationally.

As it is the result is little more than a joke.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 03. Feb 2009 at 10:21
Print Post  
Quote:
It seems a lot of votes didn't get counted this year.  My friends and I compared our votes and a lot of them got lower votes and some weren't even on the Results list. Huh  The intro for 2008 results even said that "vote total was somewhat lower than most years".  Hmmm....something fishy about that.  There should be a RECOUNT!!!

LOVE your GIF photo icon!   Smiley Smiley  

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #24 - 03. Feb 2009 at 10:47
Print Post  
Quote:

I find it distracting.

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #25 - 14. Mar 2009 at 18:18
Print Post  
Nobody has commented on my animated gif, so I suppose it's either TOO subtle or not very distracting.... has anyone even noticed? (Okay, I admit, you'd have to look pretty close for a few secs.... and then maybe you'd catch it out of the corner of your eye.)
« Last Edit: 14. Mar 2009 at 21:19 by hosenhaus »  

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #26 - 14. Mar 2009 at 21:20
Print Post  
hosenhaus wrote on 03. Feb 2009 at 10:47:
Nobody has commented on my animated gif, so I suppose it's either TOO subtle or not very distracting.... has anyone even noticed? (Okay, I admit, you'd have to look pretty close for a few secs.... and then maybe you'd catch it out of the corner of your eye.)

I have noticed it, and yes, it is distracting...  When B N blinks, it draws attention away from your message, whatever it is.  As though you don't want us to look at what you wrote.

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #27 - 15. Mar 2009 at 03:37
Print Post  
hosenhaus wrote on 14. Mar 2009 at 21:20:
I have noticed it, and yes, it is distracting...  When B N blinks, it draws attention away from your message, whatever it is.  As though you don't want us to look at what you wrote.

Really!?  Well, I guess I sorta find all the boy avatars somewhat distracting... especially B N,
but also B G and N S and E P S... not to mention many others that I don't even know the names of (and I'm somewhat embarrassed to say THAT!).

But... Voila.  Less distraction.

Edit: for those who didn't see it or don't remember, here's the blinking version:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #28 - 15. Mar 2009 at 03:49
Print Post  
You know, Hosenhaus is just an individual. His opinion is not necessarily the voice of reason.

I too had noticed the animated blink in your icon and it didn't bother me in the least. Certainly no more than all those silly animated emoticons that pop up in almost every single message posted on this board, and that are all lined up at the bottom of this box as I type these words.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #29 - 15. Mar 2009 at 04:07
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote:
It seems a lot of votes didn't get counted this year.  My friends and I compared our votes and a lot of them got lower votes and some weren't even on the Results list. Huh  The intro for 2008 results even said that "vote total was somewhat lower than most years".  Hmmm....something fishy about that.  There should be a RECOUNT!!!

Actually, now I don't even remember writing that! I've changed my mind. That particular gif is rather distracting. The gif of Branden Nadon by The Swede however, was cute, with his occasional blinking eyes.  Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Print