Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Boy Actors On MySpace (Read 19,740 times)
starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Re: Boy Actors On MySpace
Reply #30 - 26. Jan 2010 at 22:07
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 26. Jan 2010 at 20:56:
I have found this topic quite interesting and the idea of perhaps getting some real boy actors to participate on BA is wonderful. Smiley
However, at the risk of hearing groans from all and sundry, I have to say I can't recollect any film that Austin MacDonald has been in! He looks a nice kid from the pics posted earlier and seems to have a matching personality, too. I have quite a collection of boy film DVDs and he doesn't feature in any of them. What's he been doing with himself?
I always get worried when people start talking about Facebook, Myspace and Twitter mainly because I have no idea what they are except they seem reminiscent of geek gobbledegook! But, then, if they are a means of attracting more members then that's great.
I notice that 'Phenom' said he had contact with Devon Gearhart, the boy actor I've always felt most sorry for having appeared in 'Funny Games' one of the worst horror films ever.

WOW!!! You have no idea about facebook, myspace, and twitter. I thought that pretty much everyone was involved in at least one of these websites. Personally I hate facebook. I'm not a fan of myspace either. I do use twitter once in awhile. It's o.k. but I'm not one of these people who goes on there every day and has to post everything I'm doing all through the day. I just go on there once in awhile when I'm bored. All 3 sites are o.k. I guess but myspace and facebook are just not for me.   Tongue 

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #31 - 02. Feb 2010 at 07:31
Print Post  
Quote:
WOW!!! You have no idea about facebook, myspace, and twitter. I thought that pretty much everyone was involved in at least one of these websites.

I don't use any of those sites either, unless there is a link I'm directed to.   Smiley

How many people here use Usenet?

Very few I'll bet, even though it's still one of the busiest places to acquire on topic films and TV shows.

IP Logged

starchild
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #32 - 03. Feb 2010 at 23:33
Print Post  
Well, I have never heard of usenet until you mentioned it Cal. Is this site dedicated to just movies and T.V. shows? Well, that's cool but the whole idea of facebook and myspace is totally different than that but I don't like either site. Those sites are a little too public for my liking. But I have to check out this usenet just to see what it is. Like I said, I have never heard of this site before.   Huh 

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #33 - 04. Feb 2010 at 11:24
Print Post  
starchild wrote on 03. Feb 2010 at 23:33:
Well, I have never heard of usenet until you mentioned it Cal.

Usenet is from the Olden Days before the Internet.  An on-line method for sharing messages (and files) worldwide.  But it is still going...

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #34 - 04. Feb 2010 at 15:37
Print Post  
Usenet is a pretty unfair comparison, considering the only people who use it today are those who were using it 10 or 15 or 20 years ago. No young person who grew up with the internet would wanna bother with Usenet.

I find I have absolutely no use for Twitter, but I use both Facebook and MySpace. Facebook is probably the site I visit the most often on a daily basis. I check it more often than email. Virtually everyone I know is on Facebook, so it's a great way to keep in touch with them. I've got about 300 contacts and they are all people I know "in real life," although most of the time I probably interact with the same 25 or 50 people, who happen to be mostly people I hang out with off the internet as well. Because of the way I use Facebook, I can't exactly join the BoyActors group. I don't really want "______ has joined the BoyActors group" to show up on the newsfeed of my 300+ contacts.

MySpace I don't use as a social networking site at all, but as a promotional tool for music. I don't even have a personal account on it - only "band" profiles for the different projects I'm involved with.

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #35 - 05. Feb 2010 at 00:28
Print Post  
how do you use usent I mean what  how would I access it on my computer?

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #36 - 05. Feb 2010 at 03:32
Print Post  
gee wrote on 05. Feb 2010 at 00:28:
how do you use usent I mean what  how would I access it on my computer?

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #37 - 05. Feb 2010 at 04:21
Print Post  
Here is a link to one of the many web based Usenet providers:

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #38 - 05. Feb 2010 at 15:46
Print Post  
it's a shame one has to HAVE facebook even to see most of the facebook "front pages" ... i can't even really see the BA frontpage... only the avatar photo and some "friends of BA"  Sad

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #39 - 06. Feb 2010 at 22:39
Print Post  
Hey folks. Haven't been on for a minute. Anyone miss me yet. LOL. All of these social media sites are popular to one degree or another with various demograhics and are used by different people both as social and business tools. WTF it's Free advertising. Anyone in here like the word FREE. Haha. I know I do and I use them primarily for free advertising for my various business ventures and for those of others occassionally.

Anywho, all are doing fine and growing every day. Especially on Facebook. I don't know why you can only see an avatar on facebook. They have come up with a lot of new 'privacy' tools and settings that are set to a default setting I guess. I haven't worked with them much yet and have just to busy to pay attention to them. My bad. I'll try and correct that so everyone can view the page and see what's happening without having to compromise their own privacy and anonimity.

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #40 - 07. Feb 2010 at 00:11
Print Post  
TheSwede wrote on 05. Feb 2010 at 15:46:
it's a shame one has to HAVE facebook even to see most of the facebook "front pages" ... i can't even really see the BA frontpage... only the avatar photo and some "friends of BA"  Sad

I changed the privacy settings so you should be able to view everything now.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #41 - 07. Feb 2010 at 04:29
Print Post  
Phenom wrote on 07. Feb 2010 at 00:11:
TheSwede wrote on 05. Feb 2010 at 15:46:

I changed the privacy settings so you should be able to view everything now.

Facebook:
"You must log in to view this page."  Huh

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #42 - 07. Feb 2010 at 06:57
Print Post  
I guess you need to have a facebook account to view profiles then but I made all settings public. If that is the case then I can't do anything about that.

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #43 - 23. Feb 2010 at 04:29
Print Post  
I just got this e-mail today from Austin MacDonald.

Hello

I was nominated for an award for Young Artists Awards in Hollywood for my role on the Rick Mercer Report.. Best performance in a TV series Guest starring under 13.

Auzzy

Ahhhhhh. I love my new friend.  Smiley

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #44 - 23. Feb 2010 at 10:13
Print Post  
K, it's pretty simple to sign up for facebook,,,  only took me a couple of minutes. You have the option to skip most of the steps. Give it a go, it's quite painless  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Print