Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) My profile pictures (Read 447,753 times)
Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Re: My profile pictures
Reply #300 - 10. Mar 2014 at 17:38
Print Post  
I have recently been having a little trouble uploading my changes to my Avatar! I sometimes have to upload it several times before it actually saves to my profile. I changed it again and I hope the upload saved! Smiley
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #301 - 10. Mar 2014 at 17:41
Print Post  
I tried reducing the size of the file to see IF that makes a diff! Smiley

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #302 - 10. Mar 2014 at 18:01
Print Post  
Smiley Who is your avatar, boymoviebuff ?

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #303 - 10. Mar 2014 at 20:29
Print Post  

This is a great photo

Whosit?

Undecided

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #304 - 10. Mar 2014 at 20:35
Print Post  
You mentioned that sometimes your profile picture does update.

Try this:

After you change your profile picture, you may need to wait for upwards of fifteen minutes. 

Sometimes your local server does not update for several minutes, even though you have made a change at boyactors.org.uk. 

I've noticed this with my local server.  It's a normal behavior.

Hope this helps out

Cheesy

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #305 - 13. Mar 2014 at 00:15
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 10. Mar 2014 at 20:35:
You mentioned that sometimes your profile picture does update.

Try this:

After you change your profile picture, you may need to wait for upwards of fifteen minutes. 

Sometimes your local server does not update for several minutes, even though you have made a change at boyactors.org.uk. 

I've noticed this with my local server.  It's a normal behavior.

Hope this helps out

That was actually the case, It saved just fine, I just wasn't patient enough!
I had some trouble with my PC, it started around 11am my time yesterday, and lasted til about an hour ago. IF I have any more problems it may result in me being down from the web for a while, so if you guys don't hear  from you'll know what happen! Smiley

P.S. The boy in my Avatar is a boy from "The Boys of St. Vincent" he was only in a very breaf shot that only lasted a few seconds, it was right after the Shower Room scene! if memory serves! Grin

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #306 - 13. Mar 2014 at 20:41
Print Post  
Well, my PC has seemed to corrected itself! (Knock on wood) I hope I don't have any more trouble with it! I'm still running Windows XP operating system  and Microsoft is discontinuing the support for this version. Sad Angry SO, I guess now I'm going to HAVE to upgrade to #7 or #8! but I'll have to see what I can afford, which won't be much!

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #307 - 15. Mar 2014 at 04:10
Print Post  
BTW, Thanks Bowser for the help! I intended to say thanks in the previous post, but forgot to! Smiley

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #308 - 15. Mar 2014 at 14:43
Print Post  
You're welcome   

Wink

IP Logged

YoungArthur
BA Moderator

Hagrid's Helper

Reply #309 - 16. Mar 2014 at 08:43
Print Post  
Quote:
Well, my PC has seemed to corrected itself! (Knock on wood) I hope I don't have any more trouble with it! I'm still running Windows XP operating system  and Microsoft is discontinuing the support for this version. Sad Angry SO, I guess now I'm going to HAVE to upgrade to #7 or #8! but I'll have to see what I can afford, which won't be much!

My latest computer came loaded with Windows 7 and I will just pass along the comment from several friends, for what its worth: "You're lucky they didn't ship it with Windows 8!"

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #310 - 16. Mar 2014 at 15:48
Print Post  
Don't mention that film 'The Boys Of St Vincent' which today would play into the hands of every boy sex abuse witch-hunter. While no doubt there were priests who took advantage of the boys in these homes and orphanages, where are the boys who actually enjoyed a bit of 'hanky-panky' with their elders? The debate on alleged boy sex abuse cases is so one-sided and, such are the present day hysterics surrounding that debate, no one would dare to argue the positive case.
Perhaps 'The Boys Of St Vincent' should be removed from BA. Thank heavens for boy films like 'This Special Friendship' and 'You Are Not Alone' and others I have no doubt members could refer.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #311 - 17. Mar 2014 at 16:04
Print Post  
YoungArthur wrote on 16. Mar 2014 at 08:43:
"You're lucky they didn't ship it with Windows 8!"

I've been hearing from friends of mine who have #8 that it's almost as bad as Vista was!  One friend (Who is a Computer Tech.) said that he hadn't seen so much trouble with an operating system since M.E.! I think it's because Microsoft was too hasty in releasing these Op. Systems and thats why they're so problematic. I consciencely chose not to upgrade, I've kept XP for this long mainly because I trust it a whole lot more than any of these later versions! But now, because Microsoft is SO greedy, and is discontinuing support for XP, I'll have to upgrade wether I want to or not! Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #312 - 18. Mar 2014 at 05:00
Print Post  
Joey Zimmerman of Earth 2 tv series

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #313 - 18. Mar 2014 at 05:20
Print Post  
I've made a greevious error! recently when I was having trouble with my PC, I was afraid I was going to lose my PC to system problems, so I took one of my Flash-Drives and cleared some space on it to add stuff from my PC so I wouldn't lose anything valuable, and in the process I accidently deleted most of my boyactor pics and caps! Angry I HAD about 10,000 pics on that drive, and now they're gone! Cry so now I pretty much have to start all over again, it took me years to build that collection! Cry Sad so for now, I won't have much of a selection for my Avatars.

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #314 - 18. Mar 2014 at 08:27
Print Post  
Quote:
I've made a greevious error! recently when I was having trouble with my PC, I was afraid I was going to lose my PC to system problems, so I took one of my Flash-Drives and cleared some space on it to add stuff from my PC so I wouldn't lose anything valuable, and in the process I accidently deleted most of my boyactor pics and caps! Angry I HAD about 10,000 pics on that drive, and now they're gone! Cry so now I pretty much have to start all over again, it took me years to build that collection! Cry Sad so for now, I won't have much of a selection for my Avatars.

Oh no!   Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 45
Print