Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Star Trek 3 The Search for Spock (Read 5,173 times)
Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Star Trek 3 The Search for Spock
06. Nov 2012 at 02:48
Print Post  
This movie had one very cute boy, he played Spock as a boy, his name is Carl Stevens!
i don't have a picute of him, but here's a link to his page on IMDB
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
It would be so great if this movie was listed in the movie section, I would love be able to review it!

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Re: Star Trek 3 The Search for Spock
Reply #1 - 06. Nov 2012 at 03:23
Print Post  
somehow I didn't get the impression he had enough of a role to warrant a "boy movie" classification... either that or I'm forgetting about it a lot! Sort of like the most recent 'Enterprise' where Jimmy Bennett  had a short role as Captain Kirk...

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 06. Nov 2012 at 03:45
Print Post  
TheSwede wrote on 06. Nov 2012 at 03:23:
somehow I didn't get the impression he had enough of a role to warrant a "boy movie" classification... either that or I'm forgetting about it a lot! Sort of like the most recent 'Enterprise' where Jimmy Bennett  had a short role as Captain Kirk...

Is there a minimum amount of screen time that is required for a "Boy Movie"? for it be added?

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #3 - 06. Nov 2012 at 04:53
Print Post  
Quote:
Is there a minimum amount of screen time that is required for a "Boy Movie"? for it be added?

I don't think there is a specific formula, but yes, there is a "minimum" of some sort.  Not every movie / video that has a boy will be listed.  That being said, if the boy himself has been in a significant role somewhere, any and all appearances could be "mentioned" on the boy's list of appearances... but probably not be added as a full-fledged boy movie.

IP Logged

Lord Doctor
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #4 - 06. Nov 2012 at 04:54
Print Post  
I don't think it is the "screen time" that warrants a movie to be considered as a "boy movie"... it is rather the movie being made about a boy and his adventures at a certain point of time. Unfortunately, both movies "Star Trek 3" and The new "Star Trek" were not about a specific boy and his adventures or experiences. They were both ended up being rather an adult movie.

There are many movies like this... G. I. Joe: The rise of Cobra for example.. had two cute boys in it but it can't be categorized as "boy movie". On the other hand both "Karate Kid" movies..original and remake both can be categorized as "boy movies" ... In my opinion "boy movie" is and must be based on a boy's adventure and experiences.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06. Nov 2012 at 05:14
Print Post  
thank you both for your input!

IP Logged

Lord Doctor
Gold Member

BA Member

Reply #6 - 06. Nov 2012 at 05:25
Print Post  
Don't mention it. Now I gotta go watch my favorite British show... Shameless.....  Roll Eyes

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 30. Nov 2012 at 05:06
Print Post  
Lord Doctor wrote on 06. Nov 2012 at 04:54:
On the other hand both "Karate Kid" movies..original and remake both can be categorized as "boy movies"

Ralph Machio was 22 years old in the first K Kid movie, which disqualifies it as a "Boy Movie"! I know this because Ralph is 7 days my junior, he was in "The Outsiders" 1st and then K-Kid, Outsiders was filmed in my hometown of Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA in 1983 when I was 22, K-Kid was filmed in 1984.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print