Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Here's one for Bowser! (Read 276,236 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Here's one for Bowser!
Reply #90 - 02. Jan 2015 at 20:04
Print Post  
Smiley Jeez this is hopeless and 'bowser' even taunts me in his first reply. I have to take a few crumbs of comfort in that 'bowser' admitted Powrie was a tough one. I'm still convinced that bowser's 'detailed files' are some boy actor website that lists pics of thousands of actors that 'Boymoviebuff' and I have yet to discover. It must be, because no one can have this much detailed knowledge of boy actors especially one like Cameron Powrie whom, I am sure, everyone will agree is a pretty obscure boy actor.
The TV series Gormenghast, based upon the trilogy written by Mervyn Peake, is one of those rarities  of which I've actually read the books. What an imagination Peake had with all those weird characters inhabiting a huge crumbling castle. I also thought Cameron was quite attractive. In fact, if someone's ruling Gormenghast looking like Cameron (see below) then I would gladly join that bunch of weirdos.
Looks like I shall have to hand over to 'Boymoviebuff' to dig up some unknown boy actors and try to stump the great Captain Bowser.
Wonder why this topic doesn't seem to attract other members who might be able to do another 'Adon Cravens' on the great Captain B?    Wink

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #91 - 03. Jan 2015 at 03:46
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 02. Jan 2015 at 20:04:
Jeez this is hopeless and 'bowser' even taunts me in his first reply. I have to take a few crumbs of comfort in that 'bowser' admitted Powrie was a tough one. I'm still convinced that bowser's 'detailed files' are some boy actor website that lists pics of thousands of actors that 'Boymoviebuff' and I have yet to discover. It must be, because no one can have this much detailed knowledge of boy actors especially one like Cameron Powrie whom, I am sure, everyone will agree is a pretty obscure boy actor.
The TV series Gormenghast, based upon the trilogy written by Mervyn Peake, is one of those rarities  of which I've actually read the books. What an imagination Peake had with all those weird characters inhabiting a huge crumbling castle. I also thought Cameron was quite attractive. In fact, if someone's ruling Gormenghast looking like Cameron (see below) then I would gladly join that bunch of weirdos.
Looks like I shall have to hand over to 'Boymoviebuff' to dig up some unknown boy actors and try to stump the great Captain Bowser.
Wonder why this topic doesn't seem to attract other members who might be able to do another 'Adon Cravens' on the great Captain B?

I'd be careful C! according to that 1st smiley, if you get too worked up you go out with BANG! Grin
I'm sorry, but ALL I'd be able to do is LAUGH! LAUGH!! LAUGH!!!

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #92 - 03. Jan 2015 at 18:16
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 02. Jan 2015 at 20:04:
Smiley Jeez this is hopeless and 'bowser' even taunts me in his first reply. I have to take a few crumbs of comfort in that 'bowser' admitted Powrie was a tough one. I'm still convinced that bowser's 'detailed files' are some boy actor website that lists pics of thousands of actors that 'Boymoviebuff' and I have yet to discover. It must be, because no one can have this much detailed knowledge of boy actors especially one like Cameron Powrie whom, I am sure, everyone will agree is a pretty obscure boy actor.
Wonder why this topic doesn't seem to attract other members who might be able to do another 'Adon Cravens' on the great Captain B?    Wink

Grin

I know, I should not be taunting.  But when I recognized Cameron Powrie and the character he played, I just couldn't help it.
The play on words was perfect.  It was just so funny!   Grin

But I apologize for taunting

If anyone was wondering how I do it:

It's magic
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

Cheesy

« Last Edit: 27. Jan 2015 at 23:32 by bowser »  

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #93 - 04. Jan 2015 at 15:14
Print Post  
Bowser, I was watching Robocop 2 recently, and remembered reading an article years ago that Gabriel Damon had done a dying scene before the one he did in RC2! I was hoping you might know which movie that was, the article stated that his Parents agreed to let him do the dying in this movie because he wanted to see what it might be like to die! AND he was so convincing in the scene that it actually scared his Stage Parent! and it was a deciding factor in him getting the roll of Hob in RC2. It is possible that he may not have been credited for the roll, because child actors are sometimes overlooked when it comes time to give credit where it's due!

Hoping you can help! Thanks! Smiley

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #94 - 04. Jan 2015 at 16:15
Print Post  
Talking about boys not being credited one of the worst cases was not a film actor but a boy singer. Ask most people who sang the song 'Walking In The Air' in the animated 1982 film 'The Snowman' and they'd reply Aled Jones whereas it was actually sung by Peter Auty. Jones jumped in later and issued a single in 1985. Auty wasn't even credited on the film until it was remastered in 2002. How dare they!   Roll Eyes
Below is Peter on the cover of one of his CDs.

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #95 - 04. Jan 2015 at 21:57
Print Post  
I have not heard that about Gabriel Damon.

I'll ask around and let you know if I hear anything.

Wink

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #96 - 05. Jan 2015 at 17:18
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 04. Jan 2015 at 21:57:
I have not heard that about Gabriel Damon.

I'll ask around and let you know if I hear anything.

Thanks! Smiley

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #97 - 12. Jan 2015 at 14:21
Print Post  
Bowser, I hope you might know a movie I've been trying remember the name of, it starred a 12 or 13 y.o. boy who found a mysterious rock in a cave and wished ALL adults would just disappear! and the next morning he woke to find his wish had come true! and of course, the schoolyard Bully tries to take the rock away from him. At first the kid thinks that no adults or parents are great! then he starts to miss his parents, and decides he wants think the way they were.  I saw this movie about 10 or 15 yrs. ago, but I don't remember the title.

P.S. also if memory serves, his wish included anyone above  a certain age, which included his bullying older brother!

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #98 - 12. Jan 2015 at 14:55
Print Post  
That sounds like:

Starring Blake Foster and Michael Purvis.

Also stars Christopher Lloyd who is very cool.  I had lunch with him
some time ago on the Universal Back Lot.

Is this the film you're thinking of?

Cheesy

IP Logged

hosenhaus
BA Moderator

spheroid

Reply #99 - 12. Jan 2015 at 21:53
Print Post  
Oh, no.  In Kid's World a kid finds a Wishing Glass, not a rock in a cave.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #100 - 13. Jan 2015 at 02:56
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 12. Jan 2015 at 14:55:
Starring Blake Foster and Michael Purvis.

Also stars Christopher Lloyd who is very cool.  I had lunch with him
some time ago on the Universal Back Lot.

Is this the film you're thinking of?

Thanks B! it was a wishing glass! this is the movie I was wondering about, I only saw it one time, probably in 2002 or 2003.

Wow you know Christopher Lloyd!? one of my favorite actors! been a fan since his days on Taxi!

IP Logged

boyactorzrule
Gold Member

You are getting sleepy.

Reply #101 - 27. Jan 2015 at 22:01
Print Post  
Ok Bowser. I think I got you.

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #102 - 27. Jan 2015 at 23:04
Print Post  
That's Lance Holcomb as 'Philip Hopkins' in
Venom (1981).

Two of his films are available at Netflix (he has only a small part in each):
Ghost Story (1981) with decent reviews as a ghost story
Christmas Evil (1980) with mostly bad reviews

Cheesy

IP Logged

Nérodiaman
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #103 - 27. Jan 2015 at 23:08
Print Post  
Smiley I have seen Venom many times. I like very much the very good and moving play of Lance HOLCOMB in part of Philip. My movie rating is 7/10.

IP Logged

boyactorzrule
Gold Member

You are getting sleepy.

Reply #104 - 27. Jan 2015 at 23:26
Print Post  
bowser wrote on 27. Jan 2015 at 23:04:
That's Lance Holcomb as 'Philip Hopkins' in
Venom (1981).

Two of his films are available at Netflix (he has only a small part in each):
Ghost Story (1981) with decent reviews as a ghost story
Christmas Evil (1980) with mostly bad reviews

Cheesy

You are truly the world's leading expert in boy actors! Bravo!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 28
Print