Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Boys on Album Covers (Read 15,643 times)
wwaabbiitt
Silver Member

Boys on Album Covers
23. Sep 2002 at 20:05
Print Post  
This was posted on B.O.Y.S. a few days ago, thought it might be of interest if anyone missed it.  Someone put up a collection of cd/record album covers featuring boys at geocities.  Very nice collection, imho.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #1 - 23. Sep 2002 at 22:57
Print Post  
Very cool link! Thanks.

That Afghan Whigs album cover (Gentleman) has long been a favourite of mine. I bought the CD when it came out in 1993 (I was 15) and I still have it and listen to it sometimes. The music is great, although I'm not into that kind of stuff as much as I was then. But that cover is my all-time favourite, I think.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #2 - 24. Sep 2002 at 10:44
Print Post  
My favourite Album cover boy is:

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #3 - 24. Sep 2002 at 21:22
Print Post  
Objectively, I'd have to agree with you, Cal. Unfortunately, I can't stand U2's music (or attitude), so I still vote for the Afghan Whigs album cover.

That U2 boy, however, is definitely nice. And some of the photos are very erotic, especially the one on the cover of the "I Will Follow" single.

IP Logged

del bosque
Silver Member

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #4 - 25. Sep 2002 at 19:07
Print Post  
I'm not a fan of pop music - though I've worn the heck out of my Dream Street CD (go figure!) - but I did buy a Marillion record once because of the sleeve art.  Looking at this link brought back some good memories:  although the boy on the sleeve is an illustration I'm sure they used a live boy for the video.  Try as I can (about 100 times) I can't post the Marillion boy pic in his blue and red minstrel suit !

IP Logged

bub

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #5 - 26. Sep 2002 at 11:51
Print Post  
Hi guys...

It's been quite a while since I popped my head in here.. But thanks to Sir J's little reminder to come over and visit... here I am..

I have alot of favorite "covers" that I have in my collection.  If I had a way to post pics.. I would show you some of them..

But I have to say some of my latest fav's are that of Dreamstreet.. even bought the DVD so I could watch them in action..

Aaron Carter has a new CD out and he is really growing up to quickly.  My fav AC cover is his Debut CD where he is doing the splits on the front.  Still my fav of his.

The Moffatts first CD was also a fav and have grown up into young men. 

I think I liked the twins the best.

OH>> I think I just seen how to upload a pic to this post.. so I'll leave you with one of my fav AC pics....  (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

wwaabbiitt
Silver Member

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #6 - 26. Sep 2002 at 21:06
Print Post  
del bosque wrote:
Quote:
Try as I can (about 100 times) I can't post the Marillion boy pic in his blue and red minstrel suit !

One oddity I found quite by accident here is that even if the file is a jpeg/jpg image, it has to SAY it is to upload.  That is, add a .jpeg to the file name.

I apologize it that wasn't the problem.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #7 - 27. Sep 2002 at 11:11
Print Post  
also make sure the file name has no spaces..

eg:   aaron carter14.jpg  will not show up

it needs to be   aaron_carter14.jpg.

oh and one other thing, I think some people forget to click on the thumbnail to paste it into their post   Smiley

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #8 - 27. Sep 2002 at 13:35
Print Post  
This was not a cover, as far as I know, but was included in the CD case,  for Billy Gillman.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #9 - 28. Sep 2002 at 23:12
Print Post  
I wonder who thought of getting Billy to sit on a springboard over a pool for that pic...  loos ideal for some sort of practical joke. 

Has Billy been doing much lately?

Aaron seems to be attracting a new kind of audience now that he's in his teen and looking everything BUT a boy.

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #10 - 29. Sep 2002 at 16:43
Print Post  
Yes, but the springboard was a great excuse for having shorts on!

Billy has been off for several months, at the suggestion of his doctor  He had done several concerts, and live appearances...that, and the onset of dreaded "voice change", it was felt best for him to take it easy. He is back now, and hopefully we will be seeing some new albums.

IP Logged

MikeZ
Platinum Member

What?

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #11 - 29. Sep 2002 at 16:46
Print Post  
Aaron has been growing VERY fast, and, sadly, looking more and more like his brother Nick.

IP Logged

pyjamaboy
Ex Member

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #12 - 10. Oct 2002 at 17:55
Print Post  
Quote:
Quote: from cal on 11:44 am on Sep. 24, 2002
My favourite Album cover boy is:

I must fully agree with this , since i have a 2 meters by 3 meters poster of U2 / War hanging in my bedroom .

I love the symbolism behind these covers . The innocence of boyhood on U2 : Boy , and the loss of innocence shown on U2: War

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #13 - 11. Oct 2002 at 11:08
Print Post  
pyjamaboy,

That sounds very cool indeed.

I used yo have some lovely Aaron Carter pics .. framed..  on my wall, then more recently it has been Harry Potter.  If I could find one like you mentioned I'd put it up for sure.

IP Logged

pyjamaboy
Ex Member

Boys on Album Covers
Reply #14 - 11. Oct 2002 at 12:55
Print Post  
Did you know his real name was Peter Rowan . His picture on the cover of Boy & War got me interested in U2 , and i still love him and U2's music. Below are some very rare pictures of Peter during the picture shoot for the album cover.

(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links) (You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print