Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Help!!! (Read 7,274 times)
Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Re: Help!!!
Reply #15 - 20. Dec 2012 at 19:08
Print Post  
Nothing wrong, 'reloc', with having a good cry at a boy film, it's just that I didn't particularly like 'E.T.' himself. They could have made up a more attractive alien. ET bordered on the repulsive and I bet he stank, too. The other odd thing about the storyline was how the aliens return to pick up ET and then just go way. Odd I would say. They discover intelligent life - namely us - and then seem not in the least interested. A boy film I think is highly overrated.

IP Logged

bowser
Platinum Member

Woof! Woof!

Reply #16 - 20. Dec 2012 at 21:22
Print Post  
reloc wrote on 20. Dec 2012 at 17:58:
How about an alternate ending to stop us crying.

Dog runs up into spaceship, Elliott runs after him but accidently gets locked in spaceship and leaves with ET.

Lives Happily everafter.

Hmmm. . .  Nice idea.  I like it    Wink

Someone needs to write a new screenplay.  Of course, Henry Thomas would have to be replaced as the main character, but I can think of several actors that would be exceptional:  CJ Adams or Dakota Goyo come to mind.

Wouldn't that be cool!   Shocked

And even have Henry Thomas as one of the adult leads.

Cheesy

IP Logged

reloc

"Don't ask me about my
leaves"

Reply #17 - 20. Dec 2012 at 22:43
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 20. Dec 2012 at 19:08:
Nothing wrong, 'reloc', with having a good cry at a boy film, it's just that I didn't particularly like 'E.T.' himself. They could have made up a more attractive alien. ET bordered on the repulsive and I bet he stank, too. The other odd thing about the storyline was how the aliens return to pick up ET and then just go way. Odd I would say. They discover intelligent life - namely us - and then seem not in the least interested. A boy film I think is highly overrated.

Well I think HT was so good that he surpasssed any shortcomings of the film itself. If i could have had a son i would have Elliott.

IP Logged

Boymoviebuff
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 21. Dec 2012 at 00:17
Print Post  

Dog runs up into spaceship, Elliott runs after him but accidently gets locked in spaceship and leaves with ET.

Lives Happily everafter.

about 10 or 20 years ago, there was talk about Speilberg possibly doing a sequel, but I'm glad he didn't, sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone! I think a sequel would have somehow taken something away from the first movie, and I think Speilberg thought so too!

IP Logged

reloc

"Don't ask me about my
leaves"

Reply #19 - 21. Dec 2012 at 02:21
Print Post  
Quote:

Lives Happily everafter.

about 10 or 20 years ago, there was talk about Speilberg possibly doing a sequel, but I'm glad he didn't, sometimes it's better to leave well enough alone! I think a sequel would have somehow taken something away from the first movie, and I think Speilberg thought so too!

I'me really glad he has not, and quite agree with you!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Print