Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Movie Download sites (Read 44,662 times)
cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Movie Download sites
19. Aug 2009 at 07:13
Print Post  
Quantum - please delete this thread if you feel it compromises your wishes for this site.

-------------------------------------------

There are so many movie download sites around these days I hardly think it would be any sort of risk to provide links to useful sites. I'm primarily interested in being able to download stuff that is out of circulation, non mainstream box office films, or foreign films that are not released here, etc.

Thus a collection of links to useful sites would IMO be welcome...

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: Movie Download sites
Reply #1 - 19. Aug 2009 at 07:17
Print Post  
Movie base has a lot of films listed that can be downloaded via RapidShare, quite a few on topic titles:
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

The BoyScouts is Sensitive Stephens very ontopic site:

Blizzard, a Russian site has heaps of rare and not so rare on topic titles:

Well that's a start.

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #2 - 20. Aug 2009 at 06:10
Print Post  
how safe form viruses are those sites. dowloading scares me.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #3 - 20. Aug 2009 at 06:37
Print Post  
The three sites I mentioned would be very safe IMO.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #4 - 20. Aug 2009 at 14:24
Print Post  
I'm completely out of touch when it comes to downloading these days. For music, I just use blogs, but there are very few movie blogs that offer downloads.

Most people I know seem to rely on torrents, but since Piratebay went down, there are now fewer options in that department. Karagarga is the one everyone swears by, but it's not the kind of place you can visit casually and download something once in a while. You need an invite to get access to the files, and then they're very strict about maintaining a perfect ratio and keeping your account active, or else you get booted pretty fast. Too much work for me.

I don't really have time to watch that many movies anyway. I realized that I'll probably never get through all the movies I want to see that are available for rent, so it seems almost pointless to start looking for rare, difficult to find ones that are not.

So, I'm sorry, but I don't have any helpful tips.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 21. Aug 2009 at 13:27
Print Post  
josephk wrote on 20. Aug 2009 at 14:24:
I'm completely out of touch when it comes to downloading these days. For music, I just use blogs, but there are very few movie blogs that offer downloads.

Most people I know seem to rely on torrents, but since Piratebay went down, there are now fewer options in that department. Karagarga is the one everyone swears by, but it's not the kind of place you can visit casually and download something once in a while. You need an invite to get access to the files, and then they're very strict about maintaining a perfect ratio and keeping your account active, or else you get booted pretty fast. Too much work for me.

I don't really have time to watch that many movies anyway. I realized that I'll probably never get through all the movies I want to see that are available for rent, so it seems almost pointless to start looking for rare, difficult to find ones that are not.

So, I'm sorry, but I don't have any helpful tips.

josephk, maybe The Pirate Bay is blocked in Canada, where you are, but I am still connecting to it with no problem and using it with no problem.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #6 - 22. Aug 2009 at 17:00
Print Post  
Quote:
josephk, maybe The Pirate Bay is blocked in Canada, where you are, but I am still connecting to it with no problem and using it with no problem

same here

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 23. Aug 2009 at 01:14
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 22. Aug 2009 at 17:00:
Quote:
josephk, maybe The Pirate Bay is blocked in Canada, where you are, but I am still connecting to it with no problem and using it with no problem

same here

I like that we can freely discuss things like this here. On the BOYS site we are not even allowed to mention torrent sites.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 23. Aug 2009 at 01:32
Print Post  
Great site. Four movies so far, more to come.
Click on "Here" and Save Target As.

IP Logged

Chrispy
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 23. Aug 2009 at 07:18
Print Post  
Hey Guys,
I know K from a couple of other boards and I also own Chris-Parker.net that he posted about above. The movies that I post at that site are free for you to download and watch, or watch online and completely virus and adware free. Legal??? that is a matter of opinion, I am not trying to steal from studios, just hosting movies that I may have or have access to and like, much like the movies I borrow from my local library. My webhost has no problem with my site content. There will be a rotating collection available there at all times, tho I may keep some there longer than others, but it is a matter of webspace available at a price I can afford.

You are always welcome to email me with movie requests and if I have it I will post it when space permits. However, I will always reply with a yes or no about the movie.

I will take some time and try and get involed here when I have a bit more time.

On a side note related to all of this, I am really trying to find a copy of Acla if anyone knows where to find it.

Until then.....

IP Logged

Quantum
BA Administrator

BA Member

Reply #10 - 23. Aug 2009 at 11:44
Print Post  
Quote:
I like that we can freely discuss things like this here. On the BOYS site we are not even allowed to mention torrent sites.

Unless they're to do with "scouts"... Wink

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Reply #11 - 23. Aug 2009 at 13:17
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey Guys,
I know K from a couple of other boards and I also own Chris-Parker.net that he posted about above. The movies that I post at that site are free for you to download and watch, or watch online and completely virus and adware free. Legal??? that is a matter of opinion, I am not trying to steal from studios, just hosting movies that I may have or have access to and like, much like the movies I borrow from my local library. My webhost has no problem with my site content. There will be a rotating collection available there at all times, tho I may keep some there longer than others, but it is a matter of webspace available at a price I can afford.

You are always welcome to email me with movie requests and if I have it I will post it when space permits. However, I will always reply with a yes or no about the movie.

On a side note related to all of this, I am really trying to find a copy of Acla if anyone knows where to find it.

Until then.....

I noticed there is a copy of Acla on

I'd advise anyone to check the first segment of any downloads from that site before downloading the whole movie. Some of the movies have a voice over narration in Russian which is very distracting.

IP Logged

Chrispy
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 23. Aug 2009 at 20:22
Print Post  
Thanks, Cal

I got Acla from that site and yes, it has the annoying Russian dialogue added to it but then they are speaking  Italian after all, lol. If anyone wishes a copy I can post the file for you to download.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 23. Aug 2009 at 21:38
Print Post  
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Until then.....

Hi Chrispy,

I felt sure you wouldn't mind me posting a link to your movies page since you make it available for free to anyone. I knew some here would appreciate it.
I tried to email you a few weeks ago to thank you for the Genesis Children and Storm Boy downloads, but you were having computer problems so probably never got my email. Well, thanks again.

K

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #14 - 24. Aug 2009 at 00:48
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 23. Aug 2009 at 13:17:
Quote:
Hey Guys,

Until then.....

I noticed there is a copy of Acla on

I'd advise anyone to check the first segment of any downloads from that site before downloading the whole movie. Some of the movies have a voice over narration in Russian which is very distracting.

Are all of the movies from this blizzard site dubbed in Russian or foreign language films? Are any of them in English or at least subtitled in English?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Print