Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) let me in trailer (Read 33,222 times)
gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

let me in trailer
02. Jul 2010 at 06:04
Print Post  
(You need to Login or Register to view media files and links)

trailer to the reamake of let the right one in.

IP Logged

cal-Q-L8
Platinum Member

Admin

Re: let me in trailer
Reply #1 - 02. Jul 2010 at 15:14
Print Post  
I'm looking forward to this one despite it being a redoing of an excellent European film. I'm not expecting it to be as good, but I like Kodi a lot so that will make up for some of the movie's Hollywoodization and anticipated dumbing down. I feel confident it will be better than the Twilight shit, although probably less of a boxoffice hit.

IP Logged

Phenom
Gold Member

Party Like A Rockstar!!!

Reply #2 - 02. Jul 2010 at 21:04
Print Post  
cal-Q-L8 wrote on 02. Jul 2010 at 15:14:
I'm looking forward to this one despite it being a redoing of an excellent European film. I'm not expecting it to be as good, but I like Kodi a lot so that will make up for some of the movie's Hollywoodization and anticipated dumbing down. I feel confident it will be better than the Twilight shit, although probably less of a boxoffice hit.

Yeah, I hear ya on that Cal. Sometimes Hollywood can crappity smack up a wet dream. Although we probably won't be seeing Kodi in his tightie whities in the opening scenes the trailer actually looks decent. The fact that Hollywood would even consider remaking this film actually using young kids as in the original Euro version shocks me.

Of course, I don't expect it to be the blockbuster Twilight is but what do my yankee brothers know anyways. I'm just hoping that the Catholic or Mormon Churches don't get it banned before it even gets a chance to hit the theaters. You know how that shit goes here in the colonies. The moral majority and holy rollers can't keep their noses out of anything here. It seems to be their mission to crappity smack up everybody's wet dreams. Haha.

Anyways, I can't wait to see how Kodi handles this role compared to Kåre Hedebrant. It's gonna be some tough shoes (or undies) to fill for sure.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 03. Jul 2010 at 02:02
Print Post  
gee wrote on 02. Jul 2010 at 06:04:

trailer to the reamake of let the right one in.

Based solely on this trailer, I am going to now have to eat my words of several months ago: I stated that there was no way the American remake of LTROI could ever be remotely near as impressive as the original, but if the remake is as good as this trailer seems to appear, then maybe it actually is going to be not bad, or maybe even (dare we hope) good!
I'm impressed by what I see, for one thing because it appears to be (based on the trailer) a shot for shot remake of the original. Of course since it's "Americanized" it will (I expect) undoubtedly leave out the opening underwear scene, or if Kodi is wearing underwear it will be the current stylish droopy voluminous board shorts type that go down to his ankles.  Angry
*And as for the climax in the swimming pool: As violently graphic? -- Probably. Kodi in speedos? -- Get real!! Not in the good ole U S of A! Speedos? That thar's commie, pinko, f*g shit lak them thar Eu Ro Pee Ans would do!
(*End of sarcasm rant*)

Kodi is adorable and a very good actor. That's a huge plus. Chloe Moretz, as far as I'm concerned, is an 'honorary boy', due to her attitude. Loved her in Kick-Ass! And she's also a very good actor. And cute.

And as an added bonus the great character actor Richard Jenkins plays 'The Father'. Remember Richard in 'The Mudge Boy'?
So, Let Me In is looking very hopeful!

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #4 - 03. Jul 2010 at 02:44
Print Post  
well, as my first visit back here in a while... this is a great thing to look forward to! Yes, I like the swedish version for MANY reasons (among which are the obvious topical concerns, as well as my interest in all things swedish).

I hope I don't forget to come back more often...

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #5 - 03. Jul 2010 at 05:05
Print Post  
I like what you said about chloe K I was very impressed with her performance in kick ass. I am looking forward to in this I have never seen anything with kodi in it. I have heard great things about him.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 03. Jul 2010 at 15:33
Print Post  
TheSwede wrote on 03. Jul 2010 at 02:44:
well, as my first visit back here in a while... this is a great thing to look forward to! Yes, I like the swedish version for MANY reasons (among which are the obvious topical concerns, as well as my interest in all things swedish).

I hope I don't forget to come back more often...

I see you still have that nervous blink.  Wink Smiley Great to see you back!

IP Logged

Cinefan
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #7 - 03. Jul 2010 at 22:46
Print Post  
I was hoping that to make up for not seeing Kodi in 'tightie whities' Hollywood might have altered the plot and made the vampire next door a BOY! I guess no such luck and it looks as though we over here in the UK will have to wait ages to see the film. Oh dear. Wink
Thanks for those pics, 'K', but Chloe isn't a patch on good lookin' Kodi! Smiley

IP Logged

TheSwede
Platinum Member

Tack ska du ha.

Reply #8 - 04. Jul 2010 at 02:56
Print Post  
Quote:
I see you still have that nervous blink.  Wink Smiley Great to see you back!

Thanks, K! great to be back... i have no idea how I just sorta let it slip so long. I haven't watched many movies either... or maybe that's why.  I haven't need to come find good movies...  anyway, i will try to get back into the habit of checking.

IP Logged

folkarys

BA Member

Reply #9 - 04. Jul 2010 at 21:07
Print Post  
After see the trailler, i think this remake will be most a thriller, than the original. And In my mind that will spoil the great original  Undecided. I will try to see this movie anyway.

IP Logged

josephk
Platinum Member

Reply #10 - 04. Jul 2010 at 22:04
Print Post  
I hate the trailer. But it's hard to judge movies by their trailers, especially this type of movie. Have to remember the studios are going to market this however they think will get them the most ticket sales, regardless of whether or not it actually does justice to the film.

So having said that, all I can say is: I like Kodi, and the images from the trailer look promising (if the overall feel and tone of the trailer doesn't).

So maybe this won't be a total disaster after all.

I'm not holding my breath, though.

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #11 - 10. Jul 2010 at 01:52
Print Post  
Cinefan wrote on 03. Jul 2010 at 22:46:
I was hoping that to make up for not seeing Kodi in 'tightie whities' Hollywood might have altered the plot and made the vampire next door a BOY! I guess no such luck and it looks as though we over here in the UK will have to wait ages to see the film. Oh dear. Wink
Thanks for those pics, 'K', but Chloe isn't a patch on good lookin' Kodi! Smiley

ina way the  original is about a boy vampire next door.

IP Logged

K
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10. Jul 2010 at 02:58
Print Post  
You are so right. Eli was born a boy. I wonder if the new version will have her be a boy? I somehow doubt it.

IP Logged

gee
Platinum Member

BA Member

Reply #13 - 10. Jul 2010 at 05:30
Print Post  
Quote:
You are so right. Eli was born a boy. I wonder if the new version will have her be a boy? I somehow doubt it.

from what I have read about it they have taken that element of the plot out. It not really clear in the  swedish movie that she is not really a she. I read the book after I saw the movie.

IP Logged

Zabladowski
BA Moderator

The Wish Meister

Reply #14 - 11. Jul 2010 at 21:26
Print Post  
I'm still fearing a train wreck......the only thing I'm pleased about is that Kodi is playing the lead instead of some 21 year old...which I would have thought to be the first American "improvement."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print